Muran

What Graphic Novels Are You Reading?

Oooh, that one looks interesting. I'll put it on my list.

I'm at vol 7 of Fables and I'm so happy I've found this series. It's like this comic was made for me. So excited about the rumors of it becoming a TV show.

And did y'all hear about Walking Dead becoming an AMC series? I'm excited and apprehensive about how that'll turn out.

And who hear has read Scott Pilgrim and seen the trailer for the movie? I was never enthusiastic about Michael Cera and now having seen the trailer, am even less enthusiastic. Everything else in the movie looks awesome, though.

So, a really well-loved comic book store in Yaletown, Elfsar, is closing down, due to a HUGE rent hike.

they had a buy 1 get 1 trades offer so I picked up

* Fables vols 8-12, and one of their spin-offs "1001 Nights of Snowfall". Once I get vol 13, I'll be caught up, and I'll have to wait for Nov for the next one ;)

* Lucifer, vol 1. Looked cool on the shelf, hope it's good

* Marvel Ultimates Vols 1 and 2

* Classic Gambit

We also bought one of their huge comic book cases (I'm pretty sure they're just from Ikea, but still, it's only $30 and I'll finally have a place for my growing collection, not to mention more room for Kevin's transformers XD)

I just finished reading "All Star Superman" and having no previous background with Superman at all, I have to say that it was an amazing way to be introduced to the Man of Steel.

I got Scott Pilgrim 6! IT'S AMAZING! ;)

It's actually the first graphic novel/comic I've purchased, and I was a little disappointed at first, but I thought about it for a bit, re-read the book and I'm satisfied with it. Gideon really is a dick. I'd like to say more, but I'm too lazy right now for spoiler tags, need food...

I love Scott Pilgrim, but I'm not reading the last book until after the movie.

Also, yes Tracy, I am lucky to have all the Absolute Sandman books, but at this point, I am not wealthy because I spent so much on them. On the bright side, I met Neil Gaiman and he drew a picture of Dream inside the first volume of Absolute Sandman for me. That makes me extra lucky!

You know what's funny? I recently started reading "Lucifer" and I had no idea it's a spin off from Sandman lol

And vol 6 of Scott Pilgrim ends differently than the movie, so there aren't any spoilers or anything...

There were a few spinoffs of Sandman. Lucifer has his, Thessally has hers, Death has one and there is one comic (the name of which escapes me) that takes place in the Dreaming with characters from Sandman so that is also a spinoff.

And lets not forget the Lil Endless Storybook. <3

I have a glorious stack of graphic novels to read:

Walking Dead Vol 13

Fables Vol 14

The Untold Legend of the Batman (which I completely forgot about owning as a child, until now)

Blankets by Craig Thompson

Marvels Nextwave - Agents of H.A.T.E

Venom - Separation Anxiety (A friend is actually borrowing this from another friend of mine, but I'm holding onto it in the meantime, I might as well read it lol)

Marvels The Ultimates 3

I just finished reading:

The Lost Girls - Alan Moore. Who doesn't love Erotica based on fairy tales?

The Anthology Project - http://theanthologyproject.com/ It's very beautiful and the stories are all generally very poignant.

My graphic novel collection is growing and I'm afraid they might start fighting with Kevin's transformers lol