Who

Cold Harbour? (lights Of Endangered Species Megathread!)

Is it still up? I really want to hear this and may get M+ to do so if it's going to be around for awhile.

It's still available in the M+ area... he usually keeps them up for a couple of days, or until another clip is uploaded.

Have you guys heard this new song Matthew posted for all to hear on his site? He posted it as an example to non M+ members of what you could routinely get as a M+ member. He didn't say what it's called but when I hover the mouse over a player icon it says 'In' so that may just be what it's called.

Anyways, this new stuff sure is sounding different for MG. I'm not saying it's a bad thing. It certainly makes me curious as to how the next album will sound though. Does anyone know how much material he has for it?

I thought that demo he posted was really excellent. The 1st half of the song is quite different from anything he's done before, just in the melody. I love it! However, the last half of the song sounds similar to what he did on Vancouver. Not necessarily bad, because that's a great album, but i though the 1st half of the song was so unique and then he just kinda goes back to the synth stuff and a mild guitar solo/riff thingy that it kinda didn't fit 100%. But as i was listening i could really see where that last half of the song Matt could fill out really well in the studio.

But still, great song. Best of the demo stuff ive heard so far (i'm not an M+ member).

From Warne Livesey.com

matthew good

i'm very excited to annoynce i will be producing the next matthew good project with him. this will be my 6th time working with this exceptional artist and close friend. matt already has an incredible collection of songs demoed and the project will be quite a new departure for us both. we will start recording in october.

You may indirectly get that wish. Matt said that Universal is pushing him to deliver "bonus tracks" for the album. I figured he'd just throw off some of the unrecorded tracks from recent years, but it looks like he's writing new songs. (He posted an unfinished one yesterday as a "b-side", which I assume means that it's one of the future bonus tracks.)

Edited by uglyredhonda

New song is sounding real good. Just when I think it's done he pulls out the guns yet again with a gem of a song. This one is more laid back than most of the songs so far and is really catchy to me, but in a good way. It sounds more upbeat and is chock full of piano and brass.

Interestingly, I think it may be called Zero Orchestration. This sounds like single material to me.

Glad to hear he's still knocking a few "singles" out.

I know, I know... just because something is "catchy" doesn't mean it's good (slight tangent: Hospital Music is probably my favorite Matthew Good album, and, while "Born Losers" isn't my favorite song on the record, I love that it's there - strong melody, but by no means catering to the masses). However, sometimes I worry when artists push themselves too far into avant-garde territory (think U2 in the early-mid 90's: Zooropa is fantastic... Passengers, though? Interesting, but, with a few exceptions, sorta vapid).

I haven't heard any of Good's new material; only read that it's "different" from his previous work. Needless to say, I'm very anxious to hear it...

The latest song is called Zero Orchestra from what I can tell and he's made it sound like it will be the single which really excites me being that it's one of the most blatantly different songs we've heard from this new album so far. Ex fans or casual listeners of his might be in for a shock when they hear it. Since I happen to really enjoy this song for whatever reason that's a good thing to me. I honestly think he could possibly have a sizable hit on his hands with this one because I think it's really catchy in its own way.

P.S. According to Matt Good there is NO guitar in this song.

Edited by Manchalivin

This isn't coming out until next summer, though. We still have a ways to go. Matt wanted to get the recording out of the way so he can be with his family and his new son for a little while before he goes on tour.