Who

Cold Harbour? (lights Of Endangered Species Megathread!)

Guest jjazz

You guys are going to love me. Album title is "Lights Of Endangered Species" and releases May 31st (Same day as Death Cab's new record, so this day just keeps getting better and better)

First single is going to be "In A Place Of Lesser Men."

here is the album art, although very small.

Track listing goes like so...

* Extraordinary Fades

* How It Goes

* Shallow's Low

* What If I Can't See The Stars Mildred?

* Zero Orchestra

* Non Populus

* In A Place Of Lesser Men

* Set Me On Fire

* Lights Of Endangered Species

iTUNES EXCLUSIVE

* Darling

That's all the info I have right now, although most of you probably know this by now. Place has been a ghost town since M+ started up. Cheers, fellas.

9 songs seems a little low for an album..but still very exciting to see some new mg music hitting the rack so to speak. I haven't heard much of the new demos(since they've become a pay service) excited for the album.

Hope he finds time to tour the states, but with the baby ; / not much hope there.

Guest jjazz

I'm guessing the itunes bonus will be Canada as well, but not certain. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be.

For the sake of keeping the pay service members only, I'm respectively not going to post the new URL. If someone else wants to, that's fine. It's a very simple layout, very similar to what we've seen in the past. Nothing fancy, so I'm sure you guys can wait. It's supposed to be rolled out very soon, anyways. There's also not a lot of content on it yet, since it's just a test layout to give M+ a sneak peek. You're not really missing out on much, as of yet.

That's literally all I know, so far. I'll keep you guys posted with updates if there any.

Guest jjazz

Of course!

And like *Who* just said, the new single is released March 21st. That is when the new site takes over, so it will be available to everybody on matthewgood.org then.

Looks like the whole site is going to be re-done and should be launched on or before March 21. Lots of work for Matt lately...

Also, any M+ members that are reading this and not the website - check out M+ ASAP for an important announcement about site/account migration.

Guest apsham

I'm having a hard time getting ahold of the various demos/tracks that have come to air recently - instead of messaging a few of you individually, I thought I'd just put feelers out there for a message or two, mayhaps?

Not bad. I won't immediately judge until I listen to it for a while. Very stripped down.

The only thing I have against it is it sounds very ordinary.

Yeah it's very forgettable to me unfortunately.

Edit: Although if this is his best radio friendly single off the album, it could turn out to be a great album.

Edited by Computer

Agreed. After hearing all the news, I was expecting a total shocker...but then again, there's a reason why this was the first single...

It's pretty good. It reminds me of some of the off-kilter songs from Underdogs, yet it's got the same touchstones of Matt's previous records...I like it though, it's got a nice vibe to it

I'm listening on very shitty headphones with no bass right now so I can't judge it right fully right now. Definitely sounds different than anything he's done recently.

2nd play, likin' it!

Edited by Gomo

I definitely dig the song, but it's still got the super "canned" drum sound that I hate from Vancouver.

I haven't listened to much Matt Good for a long time. This track has me excited again.

Edit: Here's my stab at the lyrics Anton:

She goes about her day and keeps her cool until the weekend in a place of lesser men

Order in some food, turn on the news, hear some fool say "the world is gonna end"

Best spend the night under your bed

When she was a girl, she learned the words every boy couldn't say

It's not your currency that spends

In a place of lesser men

She walks from work at night, blood on day

But I don't worry; I don't worry. How come I don't worry? I don't worry

She goes about her day and keeps her cool until the weekend

When she was a girl, she learned the words every boy couldn't say

There's nothing worthwhile to defend

In a place of lesser men

I sleep on nails at night, but I can hear her thinking.

Don't you worry, don't you worry,

don't you worry, don't you worry, baby don't you worry

don't you worry, don't you worry, don't you worry.

Edited by Prometheon