raygunner

Old Chart Attack Interview From 2001

I just can't abide bands that stand around doing nothing with moody lights behind them. It's so boring.

It's funny Matt saying that considering what his current tours are like. They're not necessarily boring musically, but the guys aren't very active on stage - I could've sworn that Milos was sleeping).

It's funny Matt saying that considering what his current tours are like. They're not necessarily boring musically, but the guys aren't very active on stage - I could've sworn that Milos was sleeping).

I was actually thinking the exact same thing when I was reading that. Not that the shows are boring or anything, same here. Milos was actually pretty involved at the last show I was at in the fall (in terms of the banter mostly). It's hard to see him when you are in the crowd, but from watching him in youtube videos, Blake is rocking out pretty good behind the kit. Stu is pretty involved as well. So I have no complaint about the current guys.

At some of the shows on this US tour the band actually has fun with each other onstage. Other times they barely say anything. Blake seems to always be a good watch. At the LA show he made a hole in his cymbol with a drumstick, and at the Phoenix show he kept laughing and smiling. Because it was so hot onstage he would act like he was melting into the wall behind him between songs. I think Matt should have Milos do his Borat impression to break the ice and get the band involved in the show.