I hope this is not too intensely personal, and that it is in the correct location. I was just curious as to what everyone here does for a living. I've always imagined the core of Good's (new) fanbase to be fairly well educated young people.

I suppose I might as well start. I'm a carpenter, and I work at a nuclear power plant, building tube & clamp scaffolds for maintenance crews. It is intensely boring work, but it pays well. *Shrugs*

Oh, on a somewhat related note... if anyone here read about that accidental exposure of some BP restart workers to alpha radiation... yeah, I was one of those 19 workers exposed. It really isn't a big deal. The AP reports got a good deal of the facts mixed up or just plain wrong. And compared with the gamma/beta doses we regularly receive working in containment, the alpha was really dick-all.

I've worked in the food industry all my life, moving from dishwasher to server to cook to manager, but I'm in school for Communications. I hope to get a job somewhere in Communication planning (ie planning big events and such), or Public Relations. Living in Ottawa gives me a lot of job options, but it's about time that I made an opportunity for myself.

If all else fails, I'll go into politics, or get my masters and see where life takes me after that.

I work at a grocery store and it sucks. I used to work at McDonald's and I wish I still did. It was way better despite all the negative things that most would attribute to working at McDonald's. Besides that I study Political Science, History, and Geography at UNBC. (5 years in and still no end in sight)

I work at a grocery store and it sucks. I used to work at McDonald's and I wish I still did. It was way better despite all the negative things that most would attribute to working at McDonald's. Besides that I study Political Science, History, and Geography at UNBC. (5 years in and still no end in sight)

When I was younger and grew up in Prince Rupert, I was always like "OMG!!!! UNBC!!! I WANNA GO! PG IS HUGE!"

Anyway...

I am a Sterile Processing Technician. I work at the Royal Alexandra Hospital in Edmonton and I went to school for it at SAIT in Calgary. It's lame, but it pays well.

I've also worked at McDonald's, 7-Eleven and Zellers in Victoria and St. Joseph's General Hospital in Comox

IT. Internal support for a software company. You might think people who make software and have engineering degrees would understand computers in some way, but you'd be wrong. Quite wrong.

Also, they don't get people, or life in general.

Also, they're colossal assholes.

In September I got my first full time job in television at a production company -- although it's still freelance and not permanent. Once the projects end you have to hope another one comes up or you're sunk. I've been lucky and have been on for 7 months straight uninterrupted. I might have a glimmer of hope in April that I can latch onto something after my current job ends, but I can't be sure.

So I have a pretty low level in post-production right now, but it's a foot in the door. I'm the youngest person (24 going on 25) on the crew of the current show I work for.

right now, unemployment rules.

i'll probably waitress again this summer.

after graduation = b.ed/m.ed, or possibly tesl licence.