juanpe

A sad day for humanity

After the latest news about the "result" of the russian school assult, I would just like to show my sympathy for Russia and its citizens, in the same way many countries showed their sympathy for Spain in our 4/11 attack

It is a shame for humanity that these things happen

;)

post-23-1094244494.jpg

x-post from my LJ.

Just a few minutes ago, I and Juanpe were discussing a song by a band called Chingon. It was all going well until Juanpe learned of what happened this morning. At around 3AM-4AM PST Russian troops stormed the school where 1200 hostages were being held. At least 800 of those hostages were young children. Continuing on... After the Russian troops stormed the building the hostage takers (or terrorists if you prefer) killed over 200 of the hostages (scorched earth). First of all these people didn't even allow their hostages to eat or drink anything. That is inhumane and cruel to the point of being monsters. These people are in the same terrorist organization as Osama Bin Laden and they obviously want to turn Chechnya into another Afghanistan. Killing people won't get you anything damnit! These terrorists are the lowest of the low! They make me sick.

edit: pictures removed for HoboFactory.

What makes this worse is that CNN is loving every minute of it. They've got footage on their website and everything. Note some of it even requires you to pay money to watch it. Who in their right mind would want to pay to watch people dying? I know humanity isn't all like that but a large percentage of our kind is fucked. Another sad day in the gradual fall of humanity.

My sympathies to all that died and lived through this ordeal.

More information:

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/europe/09/03...e.ap/index.html

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/europe/09/03...hool/index.html

I'd like to ask people not to post any pictures of the dead or dying, it's horrible enough for the parents and families of the people who've died, they don't need alot of people on the internet gawking and gossiping over pictures of their loved ones.

i dont think anybody would do that here... many pics have been posted in this forum and i've never seen any "strong" pics or offending ones posted... I agree with you though that those kinda pics shouldnt be posted anywhere

Most news sites say 326, but then they also say some 200 are unaccounted for. The local Ukrainian community here (who are largely anti-Russian and very pro-Bush) say stuff like the Russians deserve it and such. It's really hard to believe people can be so damn stupid and heartless.

more than 300 is the "non official" number ;)

thats disgusting.

Is anyone besides the hostage-takers at fault for any of this? 300+ dead is way, way too much. I'd imagine the Russian police are being put through the screws for this disaster. How could they let that many kids die? What kind of blame is being thrown around for this?

A friend heard this song shortly after finding out about it... it's sadly suitable.

In Europe and America, there's a growing feeling of hysteria

Conditioned to respond to all the threats

In the rhetorical speeches of the Soviets

Mr. Krushchev said we will bury you

I don't subscribe to this point of view

It would be such an ignorant thing to do

If the Russians love their children too

How can I save my little boy from Oppenheimer's deadly toy

There is no monopoly in common sense

On either side of the political fence

We share the same biology

Regardless of ideology

Believe me when I say to you

I hope the Russians love their children too

There is no historical precedent

To put the words in the mouth of the President

There's no such thing as a winnable war

It's a lie that we don't believe anymore

Mr. Reagan says we will protect you

I don't subscribe to this point of view

Believe me when I say to you

I hope the Russians love their children too

We share the same biology

Regardless of ideology

What might save us, me, and you

Is that the Russians love their children too

A sidenote in regard to those lyrics, although Kruschev is very frequently cited as having said "we will bury you." This is actually a misconception and improperly translated in terms of what he actually meant. What the expression he used meant would more accurately have sounded like: "our way of life will outlast yours." Although it obviously wasn't a true statement as we know now, it wasn't really meant to be so much a threat or provocation as it seemed.

the thing is that with so many - specially bad ones - things happening every single day, this issue has almost been forgotten: nobody talks about it anymore, there is no much news coverage on the attack... and i cannot do anything other thing but thinking of the victims' families and how much suffering they must be experiencing right now and until when they will be experiencing that suffering...

the world is going to hell...