Kenwell

Matt Good To Play Ottawa Bluesfest!

According to http://www.ottawacitizen.com/entertainment...9969/story.html , Matthew Good is playing Ottawa Bluesfest this year! There's no official word on what day MG is playing, but I was wondering what people's thoughts are on this. Also if anyone saw Matt's Bluesfest show from previous years, how was it? I'm a big fan of Bluesfest, and will definitely be there.

According to the Ottawa Bluesfest Website, Matt is playing Thursday, July 15th at 8pm on the Claridge Homes stage. I think he's playing against Marianas Trench. There are still lots of holes in the program, but you can see the schedule as it stands on their site (by artist, stage, date).

www.ottawabluesfest.ca

I dunno, Bluesfest usually has crappy sound and a ton of people who don't know the music. Plus the yucky smelly sweaty crowds. So i dunno i might go but id like a rugular show better.

Iron Maiden is also playing at Bluesfest. Which is awesome, except they are an arena band known for their wicked set design etc. which won't likely make it to this show. I have tickets to see Maiden in Montreal a week later at the Bell Centre, and i have never seen them before so i dont know if i want to spoil my 1st Maiden concert with a subpar experience.

He's on the secondary stage at 8pm. Normally, his set would need to finish before the main stage.. Crowded House plays the main stage at 9:30 pm. I anticipate his set would be about 75 minutes, give or take, just from previous experience at the venue. I know that he played around 2001 and 2 years ago, but I didn't see those performances. I do know for sure that his performance will not be acoustic, and he'll be out with the boys again. My best guess is that his setlist will be in keeping with his US Vancouver tour.

Hmm ya that's what i expected, not a really long set. but an hour+ is still a heck of a lot better than nothing. But still...

I'm also thinking that he'll be playing a lot of the hits since there will be a lot of non-MG diehard fans watching who normally wouldn't bother to see an MG show but know him from the radio. I agree also, not likely an acoustic show! BRING ON THE ROCKIN'!!!!!!

A little late, but I saw him 2? years ago at bluesfest. I loved it.. sound was nice and loud. played with full band, and as long as he could.. 75min seems right.. a bunch of songs...

still waiting for him to play my favourite song live.. but eventually... hopefully...

side note, even if you plan to go just to see him, I'd recommend going early and catch a random band playing on the off stages.. found quite a few good bands that way. cheers.

MATTHEW GOOD

July 15, 2010

Ottawa Bluesfest

LeBreton Flats

Claridge Stage

8:00 PM

73 Minutes

Taped by: bootlegottawa

Apex Mic>H2 Zoom>Audacity>Traders Little Helper>Dime

*****WARNING******!!!!!!!!!Wind Issues!!!!!!!*****WARNING*****

01. Giant

02. The Future is X - Rated

03. Hello Time Bomb

04. The Boy Who Could Explode

05. Great Whales of the Sea

06. Born Losers

07. It's Been Awhile Since I've Been Your Man

08. I'm a Window

09. Load Me Up

10. Alert Status Red

11. Apparitions

12. Weapon

13. Champions of Nothing

[hide_me]http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=313334[/hide_me]

I dunno, Bluesfest usually has crappy sound and a ton of people who don't know the music. Plus the yucky smelly sweaty crowds. So i dunno i might go but id like a rugular show better.

Iron Maiden is also playing at Bluesfest. Which is awesome, except they are an arena band known for their wicked set design etc. which won't likely make it to this show. I have tickets to see Maiden in Montreal a week later at the Bell Centre, and i have never seen them before so i dont know if i want to spoil my 1st Maiden concert with a subpar experience.

I'd love to hear how you found the shows compared. My son was worried about the same thing but said the Bluesfest show was way better. (Granted, he had crummy seats in Montreal, but people were actually asking him to sit down

I was asked to sit down during the Massey Hall show I went to in Toronto during Hello Time Bomb, Load Me Up, and when Stu finished an an amazing solo in Empty's Theme Park.

I told the people behind me those are 2 songs you do stand for, and that solo was amazing, and I have right to stand and cheer for it. After that they left.

I told the people behind me those are 2 songs you do stand for, and that solo was amazing, and I have right to stand and cheer for it. After that they left.

Did you get their phone number cuz i'm having this party and they sound like really fun people to invite.

Ok i lied.