If this was facebook, I would like that last post (get on that Anton! We need some bored facebook connectivity ;))

Anyway, Kinect? I couldn't care less. Microsoft will probably still sell a lot of them, but it'll be to the Wii crowd.

If i wanted to play a game about a Space marine fighting aliens i would just play Doom.

I would probably play "Deadspace" on account that as a sci-thriller it's really got it's shit together.

Halo was only popular because it had things that hadn't been done before on a console shooter. Every feature in it had existed on PCs for years, but the unwashed console-only crowd had never seen them. Back it up with an ad campaign to tell everyone how revolutionary it was going to be....and that's history.

The level design was literally copy/paste, and the atmosphere was schizophrenic...comic-relief, squeaky, incompetent alien soldiers one second and doom-and-gloom "look how epic this is" bullshit the next.

I bought Metro 2033 but I have to wait until I get back home Friday to play (preload) it.

I would probably play "Deadspace" on account that as a sci-thriller it's really got it's shit together.

That it does, bus Issac isn't a Space Marine, if I'm not mistaken, he was a simple systems engineer. They're worlds apart.

Also, I can't wait for Dead Space 2!

Metro 2033 is pretty mediocre TBH. I can see Kinect/Move producing some good titles, but also a lot of shovelware, so they're something I may look into. I am saddened by the lack of Beyond Good and Evil 2 updates at the Ubisoft conference, and the lack of The Last Guardian updates during Sony's. That being said, there are lots of unannounced games being demo'd on stage over the next couple of days, so I have my fingers crossed.

Also, Portal 2 is multiplatform, and it takes place at Aperture Science in the future. Hurray?

I think Sony wins E3, a new Twisted Metal, all the 3D games (including the Sly Cooper games) Portal 1 & 2 and the PS3 exclusive Dead Space 2 that comes with a full HP, Playstation Move compatible version of the Wii game Dead Space Extraction. Win!

Halo was only popular because it had things that hadn't been done before on a console shooter. Every feature in it had existed on PCs for years, but the unwashed console-only crowd had never seen them. Back it up with an ad campaign to tell everyone how revolutionary it was going to be....and that's history.

The level design was literally copy/paste, and the atmosphere was schizophrenic...comic-relief, squeaky, incompetent alien soldiers one second and doom-and-gloom "look how epic this is" bullshit the next.

That's only half true. In the first Halo i thought the use of vehicles was pretty innovative for a FPS. I was a PC gamer too at the time and long before that, and i dont remember vehicles being used to even close to that degree in a 1st-tier game. Warthogs, tanks, and flying in the air in Banshees, plus multiple AI passengers who would shoot turrets etc. while you drove. Combat Evolved. Enemy AI was also superb, especially on higher difficulties.

Plus it was backed up with a very good story, especially for shooter.

Yeah, much of the game was also just standard FPS b.s. being recycled, but you can say that for 95% of all shooters, especially FPS. Shotgun, sniper, pistol, rockets, grenades etc. BORING! And the cut-and-paste level design plagued both Halo1 and Halo 2, i agree.

I wasn't a huge fan of Halo 1, it was ok. But Halo 2 totally revolutionized online multiplayer for shooters. Match-making, parties, the voice-chat cooperation & smack-talk, personalized on-screen emblems to know where your teammates are on the map at all times. Plus i thought duel-wielding was wicked. The voice/social aspect of Halo 2 was unprecedented. Halo 2 online was the shit, and has only been closed to being matched on consoles by recent Call of Duty games.

Edited by Moonlight_Graham