Moonlight_Graham

Is The Bored Dead Or What?!?

The only things I can really think of are:

Sodamntired has MS and is now MORE annoying

Meg's engaged

Evan had a pretty sweet-lookin` kid

Charles has burned through the ladies

Anton killed a hooker

A lot of awesome people don't show up anymore.

Ya know, Owen, it makes me sad I didn't make your list of anything going on around here. Then again, I'd be hard pressed to come up with anything significant to add.

Oh, HI SHIRI!

Anton killed hookers when I was still around, it's nothing new! Good to see some old faces (or avatars in this case) here...

Meg's engaged? That's crazy! Seems everybody is getting married lately, I don't really get it.

In case anybody cares, I'm almost done with school (presented my final project a couple days ago) and I'll be officially graduating by the end of July. After that, who knows?!

Do you think Canada will have me? I have no money but I'm a nice enough person. I heard there are certain professions that can get you to Canada because they have a shortage of. I highly doubt it's anything I'm capable of but I need to look that up

I've heard of someone who recently moved to Canada just because we have free healthcare. If that person will be had, I don't see why someone who would actually contribute to society should be turned away.

It is a great community, don't complain so much! ;)

I can only stop once in a while lately and it's always on, and the same people/friends are still here... so it is NOT dead!

Regards from Madrid,

Juanpe

our immigration system is point-based, which a lot of people hate but i kinda don't because i'd rather not let just anyone in. you get points for your level of educaton, income, marital status (though i don't know if its better to be married or not), religious beliefs, all that good stuff. as long as you are flexible and have the good qualities like education etc. you'll be set. which it seems you are.

apparently all you have to do is join your national army, change your mind and move to canada. pretty awesome! but please don't steal my healthcare. i (will) pay a lot in taxes and our healthcare system is already falling behind as it is.

I already served in the IDF, does that count?! Haha, that stuff will probably deduct me points and not gain them. I heard of the point system, I'll check it out. Though I'm not sure how much I'd like living in Canada since I've never even visited it. But from overall knowledge it certainly seems like a good choice.

How does health care works in Canada? I have no idea. I automatically assume it's much better than it is in the US. But then again, most countries' systems are better than theirs.

The healthcare works like this... we're not going to let you die unless you need organs in which case you'll have to wait and hope for the best.

And doctor visits are free.

Edited by Computer

I'd rather not derail into a discussion of Canadian vs American healthcare... I've now lived in both.

I guess I never really stopped to think about how it worked in Canada. My understanding was: If you need it, it's covered, if you don't then you need supplemental insurance. How long it takes depends on how badly you need it.

our healthcare works like this: if you are on welfare or disability, you will get absolutely everything you need at any time for free and they'll give you a donut. if you work hard but don't have specific coverage and you need, say, dental work or eye care, you will pay full price with no help from anyone.

Edited by saturnine

Healthcare in Canada = a doctor's visit, trip to the ER, and most essential surgery is free (not free, paid for with taxes). Drugs, going to the dentist, eyecare, and elective surgery like plastic surgery etc. is not covered and you gotta get insurance or pay out of your own pocket. If you are a low-income earner you can get on a government drug plan and only pay a meager deductible based on your income. There may be gov plans for other services for low income peeps, i'm not sure.

Just don't go to the ER with a stomach ache. Chances are it's your appendix, but that won't be recognized until you're dead.

In regards to original topic about the bored being dead- I am just slightly less enamoured with the internet lately so I don't do much when I'm on the computer.