Moonlight_Graham

Is The Bored Dead Or What?!?

This is the longest break I've taken from listening to Matt's music. I think I killed it a little bit with Hospital Music. I still love all of his stuff, but I am in need of a serious break!

Quick question, do you guys all still listen to Matt's music? Am I the only who feels kinda over it? I hardly ever listen to it anymore.

So you're not that much of a fan then? Or what do you mean you're kinda over it? Since I became a big fan of Matt a few years ago he's been about the only constant for me in terms of music. While my interest in other things comes and goes, MG remains. Not that I listen to his music constantly but I always seem to come back to him even when I have a bit of a break from listening to his music.

Hi sounds is a bit too dark for my tastes now. Once in a while I might listen to a few songs for nostalgic reasons, but that's about it.

What do you listen to now? Just curious what you mean by he's a bit dark for your current tastes.

What do you listen to now? Just curious what you mean by he's a bit dark for your current tastes.

I actually take this back. This thread inspired me to listen to him today. It's not really that his music is too dark, it just generally reminds me of a darker time in my life.

I enjoyed it today though ;)

I kinda went on a hiatus for a while after Vancouver came out, but his stuff usually makes its way into my rotation every now and again. I haven't even really listened to the demos that much even though I have most of them. I've listened to everything post-Underdogs at least once over the last 2-3 months though, although I almost never listen to Vancouver anymore. Killed that album with the live stream at work since I had little else to do at the time. I think my listening is on the decline overall though.

So you're not that much of a fan then? Or what do you mean you're kinda over it?

Speaking for myself I am still a fan, and I still will attend shows, but like all things it does get boring hearing the same thing over and over again. We all desire change, and not listening to Matt has really opened me up to other music that I like now, in some regards even better.

Next time choose words carefully.

So you're not that much of a fan then? Or what do you mean you're kinda over it?

First of all, I was never a fan of Matt but a lover of his music. To be honest, pretty much nothing he put out since Avalanche really moved me. Of course there were good songs here and there and I did listen a lot to each and every album when they came out and also lurked his blog for demos and whatnot. But if I'm in the mood for MG music I always play the old MGB albums.

I haven't even been to his blog in a year or two because I simply don't really care anymore. Not sure why it is that way but it simply is.

Speaking for myself I am still a fan, and I still will attend shows, but like all things it does get boring hearing the same thing over and over again. We all desire change, and not listening to Matt has really opened me up to other music that I like now, in some regards even better.

Next time choose words carefully.

Well obviously no one wants to listen to the same one thing over and over again but when you find something you really connect with in some way or another and are a big fan, I expect most wouldn't go a long time or years without going back to it again. I listen to other stuff too but MG's music is what I'm closest to.

I actually take this back. This thread inspired me to listen to him today. It's not really that his music is too dark, it just generally reminds me of a darker time in my life.

I enjoyed it today though ;)

Fair game. If it reminds you of a darker time in your life I certainly understand you not really being into his music anymore.

First of all, I was never a fan of Matt but a lover of his music. To be honest, pretty much nothing he put out since Avalanche really moved me. Of course there were good songs here and there and I did listen a lot to each and every album when they came out and also lurked his blog for demos and whatnot. But if I'm in the mood for MG music I always play the old MGB albums.

I haven't even been to his blog in a year or two because I simply don't really care anymore. Not sure why it is that way but it simply is.

I understand. I didn't mean a fan of Matt as a person though, I just meant his music. He was best in the MGB days in my opinion as well (specifically Underdogs-Beautiful Midnight), but I still really enjoy a fair amount of his solo work.

like christine, it reminds me of other times, not really darker ones though. just high school and emotional neediness/cluelessness. i like more upbeat music now, i'd say.

"Well obviously no one wants to listen to the same one thing over and over again but when you find something you really connect with in some way or another and are a big fan, I expect most wouldn't go a long time or years without going back to it again. I listen to other stuff too but MG's music is what I'm closest to." - Manchalivin

i'm going to disagree with this. matt good (band) was the be all end all for me for years, and now its been years. i have no idea if/when new albums are coming out or whatever mischief he's up to.

I really like Matt as a person, I have a tremendous amount of respect for him. As for the music, I can honestly say that I go through phases, where I can't get enough of his music...and times like lately, where I still listen, but I listen other things as well. He can still put together a bad ass motherfucker of an album though.

i grew out of being a fanboy hahaha

i still listen but it will just never be the same as when myspace tom was my avatar. i haven't even been here in three years, apparently hahaha

The Bored is certainly lacking in the Dans these days.

It appears as if the general sentiment of getting burned out on Matthew Good applies to me as well. I tend to buy the album the day it comes out, listen the shit out of it for a week or two, then kinda forget about it. The only albums I listen still are Beautiful Midnight and Avalanche.