FantasticDamage

Top 5 All Time Favorite Video Games?

1. Halo 2 (Xbox) - mostly the online multiplayer, must have played over 2000 hours of that game over 4 years with my buddies woo!

2. Doom 2 (PC)

3. Chrono Cross (PS1)

4. Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall (PC)

5. Super Metroid (SNES)

runners-up for 5th place (hard to decide!): High Heat Baseball 2001 (PC), Street Fighter 2 (SNES), Tie Fighter (PC), Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 1 (Xbox).

Chrono Cross is totally different from Chrono Trigger.

Never played Chrono Cross but lahve Chrono Trigger. Drove me nuts, though.

I know a lot of people weren't fond of FF9, but I really liked it.

My picks:

1. Final Fantasy 7

2. Prince of Persia: Sands of Time

3. Shadow of Colossus

4. Katamari Damacy

5. Little Big Planet

Nhl 94 (snes)

Ghost Recon/ Island Thunder (Xbox)

Wolfenstein (Xbox)

Rainbow Six 3 (Xbox)

There's a million I could list as #5, but I'd probably go with Call of Duty 2 or Modern Warfare for the 360.

I should also mention that #'s 2-5 are only on this list because of the friends I played with. Playing Online FPS without friends is boring to me.

Edited by Computer

Chrono Cross is totally different from Chrono Trigger.

Never played Chrono Cross but lahve Chrono Trigger. Drove me nuts, though.

I know a lot of people weren't fond of FF9, but I really liked it.

My picks:

1. Final Fantasy 7

2. Prince of Persia: Sands of Time

3. Shadow of Colossus

4. Katamari Damacy

5. Little Big Planet

You didn't like Chrono trigger? how come? If i went to ten it'd probably be number 7.

FF9 was awesome. Probably last ff game i have finished since 7

I never got into shadow of colossus... awhile back i was in a game lobby with a friend and i was going off about how much i disliked it and everyone jumped on me. If i could get my PS2 up and working again i would give it another try because i for sure missed something. Honestly i didn't even get to the 1st colossus.

You didn't like Chrono trigger? how come? If i went to ten it'd probably be number 7.

FF9 was awesome. Probably last ff game i have finished since 7

I never got into shadow of colossus... awhile back i was in a game lobby with a friend and i was going off about how much i disliked it and everyone jumped on me. If i could get my PS2 up and working again i would give it another try because i for sure missed something. Honestly i didn't even get to the 1st colossus.

Nono, you miss read. I love Chrono Trigger ;)

Shadow of Colossus is a very fun game. What about it didn't you like? I'm a big puzzle fan, and all the game is, is puzzle after puzzle. Plus, the story was really interesting. I felt bad defeating some of the monsters, though, because at the end of the day, they're kind of just giant beasts, minding their own business, and then all of a sudden, you come along to slay them. Kind of harsh lol

And yes, I'm the same, FF9 is probably the last FF game I ever finished. I tried to play FF10, but I absolutely hated the Sphere grid and Blitz ball, 11 was online and seriously, 12 is a piece of shit.

12's story line, voice acting and game play is extremely bland and boring. I'm really interested in trying 13, but I don't have a PS3 :angry: Choked to hear 14 is going to be online again. I haven't been an MMO person for a really long time, I've lucky escaped the grip of WoW, and I hate the idea of having to pay monthly for a game.

Anyone try Crisis Core and Dissidia? I bought them for Kevin, but haven't tried them myself.

I can't believe I left out Kingdom Hearts. Kingdom Hearts is one of my favourite games as well.

Anyone still go to arcades? My fav arcade games:

1. Drummania

2. Guitar Freaks

3. Maximum Tune-Up

4. Bishi-Bashi

5. Dance Dance Revolution

God, top 5 games? Can I go with game series and say the Metal Gear series is number 1? I'd throw the NES Ninja Gaiden games in there, the first two Shining Force games for Genesis. Chrono Trigger would be in there too. It's just impossible for me to limit it to 5 individual games.

Also, Shadow of the Colossus ftw. I hope that Team Ico PS3 pack happens!

Team Ico PS3 pack has been listed on Amazon France, so it's looking good. And Tracy, if you have a 360, you can get FF13.

In terms of 5 favorite games, this is subject to change every few minutes, and also, no particular order.

Shadow of the Colossus

Freedom Fighters (so unappreciated ;))

Mass Effect 1/2

Beyond Good and Evil

Metal Gear Solid 4

I never played Chrono cross i kind of found out about after the fact. does it have anything to do with chrono trigger?

It has completely different characters and worlds, but the games are linked. There's a section in the middle of the game that is a flashback to Chrono Trigger apparently. I never played Chrono Trigger back in the SNES days and cant really get into it now.

Shadow of the Colossus is great, it might make my top 10. If you didn't get to the 1st Colossus then you must have only played that game for literally 5-10 minutes lol cuz that's about as long as it took to get to it.

Nono, you miss read. I love Chrono Trigger ;)

Shadow of Colossus is a very fun game. What about it didn't you like? I'm a big puzzle fan, and all the game is, is puzzle after puzzle. Plus, the story was really interesting. I felt bad defeating some of the monsters, though, because at the end of the day, they're kind of just giant beasts, minding their own business, and then all of a sudden, you come along to slay them. Kind of harsh lol

And yes, I'm the same, FF9 is probably the last FF game I ever finished. I tried to play FF10, but I absolutely hated the Sphere grid and Blitz ball, 11 was online and seriously, 12 is a piece of shit.

12's story line, voice acting and game play is extremely bland and boring. I'm really interested in trying 13, but I don't have a PS3 :angry: Choked to hear 14 is going to be online again. I haven't been an MMO person for a really long time, I've lucky escaped the grip of WoW, and I hate the idea of having to pay monthly for a game.

Anyone try Crisis Core and Dissidia? I bought them for Kevin, but haven't tried them myself.

I think my issue with shadow of the colossus was that when I bought I was looking for a different kind of game then what it was. I wanted more of hack n' slash RPG. So when I started it and saw no random baddies to grind I was disappointed. I also got it with like 4 other games so I just moved onto the next.

Yeah FF 10 was awful. I mean I liked the story but that grid was stupid every time I thought I got a handle of it would throw me a lock that I didn't have a sphere for. But that actually wasn't what killed my interest in it. It was one of the puzzles in the temple. I was pretty far into it and I had no idea how to get out of it. Blitz ball was fun until I couldn't play it anymore do to not having enough team mates which sucked. My favorite FF side game was the card game in 8.

FF 13 is probably the worst yet the leveling system reminds of sphere grid but easier. The story makes no sense and the difficulty is insane. You walk around an area able to kill everything in your way and then you get to the boss and just get wiped out. I am yet to finish 13 I mean I want too I just am not sure how to kill a boss I am on. Then again I haven

12's story line, voice acting and game play is extremely bland and boring. I'm really interested in trying 13, but I don't have a PS3 ;) Choked to hear 14 is going to be online again. I haven't been an MMO person for a really long time, I've lucky escaped the grip of WoW, and I hate the idea of having to pay monthly for a game.

FFXIII was a real piece of shit. I gave it 45 minutes(30 of those minutes must have been cutscenes - well done but enough already), but i just couldn't take it any more. The battle system was complete ass and everything so linear.

The linear thing doesn't bother me so much. FF7 and FF9 are both pretty linear. I think when they started moving towards the MMO-style, is when I started getting turned off. I miss walking around on the world map, and hearing that jarring "whoosh" that took you into battle haha None of this "I can, see and choose my enemies".

I thought the characters from FF13 looked far more dynamic than the bland, nearly Aryan look the FF12 characters had. GOOD LORD, the voice acting is goddamn awful.

But I haven't actually even seen FF13 in action, so I can't really judge it at all.

You know what was pretty fun, too? Dirge of Cerberus.

I've totally hijacked this thread and turned it into a Square Enix thread XD

1. Final Fantasy III (or VI, whatever its called)

2. Dragon Warrior IV

3. Pretty Much every SNES RPG (breath of fire, lufia II, the FF's, Som etc)

4. Ocarina of Time

5. Super Mario 3

I think when they started moving towards the MMO-style, is when I started getting turned off. I miss walking around on the world map, and hearing that jarring "whoosh" that took you into battle haha None of this "I can, see and choose my enemies".

Well we differ here. I HATE "random battles" with a passion. In fact, the first thing i do when a good JRPG comes out is find out whether it as random battles or not. If it does, i won't bother playing it. They just annoy me, like i'm trying to go to the other end of the screen and "BLAM!!" i'm caught in a battle i never saw coming. I like being able to see my enemies (some you can avoid, some you can't), it's more realistic and more fun for me i guess, much less annoying.

Its sad because random battles have ruined some big titles for me, like most of the FF games, Kingdom hearts etc. I love Chrono Cross because it has the amazing music/story/characters/cutscenes etc. of the best FF games but no random battles. Also loving Persona 4 currently, and Eternal Sonata was pretty good as well.

Its sad because random battles have ruined some big titles for me, like most of the FF games, Kingdom hearts etc.

Kingdom Hearts doesn't have random battles? Don't let that ruin it for you! XD Kingdom Hearts is an amazing game.

Actually, Disney is about to put out a new game called "Epic Mickey", which has RPG elements in it. From what I've seen so far, it's going to be an amazing game, not just for kids. It has a really interesting story line and amazing graphics.