what if God was one of us?

if God had a name, what would it be?

would you call it to his face?

what would his face look like?

if God gave rock and roll to us, what would be on HIS ipod?

;)

Edited by sodamntired

(A -> B) -/-> (B -> A)

Or "God implies events you cannot explain does not imply that events you cannot explain imply god". Which is to say that any rational thinker can state without much trouble that if a god exists, that he/she could cause things to happen that would be beyond our current level of explanation. However, it is a logical fallacy to assume that the existence of things beyond our current level of explanation imply the existence of a god.

Thanks Toady. Your point is obvious, but also incredible in how many people overlook it. Definitely a good one to throw out there.

A similar one is "absence of evidence is not evidence of absence" which counters a lot of religious claims of "well how did life begin?" Just because we don't have the answer doesn't mean there isn't a rational one.

I'm scared of DYING, because I imagine there will be some sort of discomfort/pain attached to it, but I'm not necessarily frightened of DEATH.

I think it was George Carlin... "People don't mind BEING dead...BEING dead is great! ...but GETTING dead...Nobody wants to GET dead". That's the whole thing though...no one who is alive enough to tell you where you're going can possibly know, because he hasn't been dead yet. We just don't want to believe there's an end to our perception and conciousness. But if that's the way it goes, well...the concept of oblivion is hard to imagine, but it's not nothing as in black and slient, it's nothing. The absense of all consiousness cannot by definition be unpleasent. Nihilism kicking in here...or realism as the case may be.

I'm scared of DYING, because I imagine there will be some sort of discomfort/pain attached to it, but I'm not necessarily frightened of DEATH.

I feel exactly the same. I'm not scared of DEATH, i'm scared DYING, ie: of the transition from being ALIVE to being DEAD. Most ways of dying suck. Getting his by a bus, having a heart attack, getting shot or stabbed, getting in a car accident, dying slowly from cancer or another disease. These all SUCK! Too much pain involved. Sometimes i hope i die peacefully in my sleep, but then other times i dont because i wont get to say goodbye or know what happened.

Ultimately, I believe in something out there...God or something we call God, is real. But I don't believe she is responsible for everything...I believe we are and always have been governed by freewill.

I am also not afraid of death, but yes dying slowly and painfully does scare me.

man, i swear, i know i'm coming back strange, but i just want to get everyone to understand the new me is just the old me, plus everything i've accumulated/intellectually-digested

now there's a lot i'd say if i met anyone in person, but i am treating this like a labour of love - because i know when i was a retard atheist i would have really appreciated someone doing what i mean to do now.

god is a title, like a species, like you and i are hue-men. the particular god most relevant to the hueman experience is referred to primarily as either allah, or jehovah, though i'm sure a thousand other understandings could have been reached. that's the beauty of reality - the facts remain and you progress at your pace. i regret so whole-heartedly giving lauren a hard time years ago, cuz i know i treated motherfuckers in rl much worse.

i'm about to go for a walk, and give it some more thought, i don't mean to be messiahnic or whatever, but i've sepnt three weeks of my 24 years, at 20, in a coma, and in the four years since it hasn't left my mind. i saw so much and i swear, drugs are nothing, not even fucking close to seeing reality for being what it is. drugs are tame now. the coma was the craziest drug i ever did

if i look down on ants or fleas or microbial organiasms, logically speaking, something must be looking down on me. it's just the way reality works. this west is a contradiction, and i am now writing a book about this. i love you

if i look down on ants or fleas or microbial organiasms, logically speaking, something must be looking down on me.

That's not how logic works. This unfounded conclusion raises two questions: 1) How do you make the logical leap that if something is "looking down on us" that you have ANY conception of what it is or what it wants? 2) What looks down on God?

I don't believe in god. The word god or creator is basically stuck in somewhere when we have very little understanding of a subject, and as a species, we have a very little understanding of many things. God easily answers questions about death, life, and how everything began.

We fear what we don't understand and what we cannot see. It's simple to say that god did it instead of making reasonable and logical judgements or hypothesis.

There are many theories in science to how life happened and evolved. I

• Upvote 1

You are the retarded offspring of five monkeys having butt sex with a fish squirrel.

Umm... but fish lay eggs.

I kinda like the argument that everything in the universe is just the by produce of matter trying to reach the lowest energy state... while would imply that a lot of things are just local maxima (to much energy required to get out of the rut)...

That's not how logic works. This unfounded conclusion raises two questions: 1) How do you make the logical leap that if something is "looking down on us" that you have ANY conception of what it is or what it wants? 2) What looks down on God?

okay, my bad, i am sorry. i have been too busy moving and soliciting milfs to think clearly - logically speaking, i see there as existing 'domains', existing in a cyclical fashion.

i must admit, i cannot (and neither can you) truly fathom the enormity of a 'creator' but i see the yin-yang as

1) we have a long, diverse history of hue-man beings reaching an enlightenment i see as a state of "post-humanism". atheism is, generally speaking, a contemporary advent, and reflecting on the 2.5 weeks i have spent, of my 24 years, comatose, i cannot put into words what it was like. i watched the car crush me and i woke up relatively unfaxed, speaking of feeling like i went through a dryer (the car rolling repeatedly). i spoke of encountering my grandfather, who was no atheist at all, and who i swear to you, guided me back to the waking world. i fucking swear to (allah/jehovah/the notorious GOD) whatever you wanna call it. the fact is, there are many gods, and 'god' relates to the name 'allah/jehovah' as 'hue-man' relates to 'daniel alexander stewart'.

the asians came up with the yinyang generations befofe either of our bloodlines existed, in any shape we conceive them; there was the vast unknown, before the evolving homo-whatevers became "stewart"s.

man, i'm way too fucking tired and just not in the mood to debate anyone over anything right now. all that i ask is that you not argue to be a devil's advocate, but that we may see eachother as peers and peer-review eachothers' conclusions - because i swear to you, if you look, it will find you. jesus was willing to die to demonstrate that, and that's how he had bigger balls than any of us 'god-fearing' pussies. it's not gods you need to fear, but the actions you demonstrate that evoke just retribution. we only exist to learn; we are physically tangible so as to prioritise

FORGET WHAT YOU KNOW ABOUT RELIGIONS - THEY RUIN THE HONESTY IN PERSONAL SPIRITUALITY, AS I WILL IF YOU LET ME DESTROY YOUR CHANCES BY MAINTAINING A POSITION AS RIDICULOUS (in this instance) AS PLAYING 'DEVIAL'S ADVOCATE'

i love you and i wish you the best. fuck praying - meditate or just keep objectives on your mind - if they are honourable, in the sense that "it is realistic, honouring them", they will find you if you reach out for them

ps!! and it's cyclical!!!

i would not be surprised to see that the almighty reveres single-celled organisms, as they are as quaint as they are

post-191-1316482536_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dan #2

Umm... but fish lay eggs.

I kinda like the argument that everything in the universe is just the by produce of matter trying to reach the lowest energy state... while would imply that a lot of things are just local maxima (to much energy required to get out of the rut)...

Not all fish lay eggs. Some sharks give birth to live young like hammerheads, bull and blue sharks.

But in all honesty, it was a South Park quote.