Moonlight_Graham

Your Favorite Popsicle Flavour?

Your favorite popsicle flavour?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Your favorite popsicle flavour?

• grape (purple)
    • cherry (red/pink)
    • orange (uh, orange)
  2. 2. If i included the elusive lime flavour, would have chosen it as your fav?

• Yes
    • No

In 1905, Frank Epperson, then only 11 years old, left a stir stick in a mixture of powdered flavored soda and water out on the porch. That night, temperatures in San Francisco reached a record low. When Epperson woke the next morning, he discovered the drink had frozen to the stir stick, creating a fruit flavored 'icicle,' a treat he had named the Epsicle. Eighteen years later, in 1923, Epperson introduced the Epsicle to the public for the first time at an Alameda, California amusement park, Neptune Beach. In 1924, Epperson applied for a patent for his "frozen confectionery" called the Epsicle ice pop. He renamed it the Popsicle, allegedly at the insistence of his children. It was originally available in seven flavors and marketed as a "frozen drink on a stick." In 1925, Epperson sold the rights to the Popsicle to the Joe Lowe Company of New York. Good Humor, a subsidiary of Unilever, bought the rights in 1989.

please try to come close to staying on topic. this is about popsicles, not you moving to a different country to take advantage of all its amazingness.

i vote cherry. i hate the orange and grape ones. well, hate is a bit strong but i'd just as soon not have an orange or grape one at all, unless it was really hot out.

anything root beer flavoured that isn't root beer is gross. except those gummies. my fav popsicles are 1) banana 2) peach 3) white and red tie 4) blue. the rest can die.

Whaaaat? C'mon. Sodalicious root beer candies were THE BEST.

My favourite popsicle flavour is blue rasberry. I love firecrackers.

are we talking actual popsicles here, or the knock off ones? I remember years ago having a TON of choice for flavors and now there's the three listed in the pole. I usually buy the 12 pack, and even though I used to LOVE orange, I think pink is my #1. if you buy the knock off brands, sometimes there's alternate flavors, but I prefer the taste and texture of the 'popsicle pete' ones.

my gf calls me a popsicle afficionado

What are the "knock off" brands?

what flavour's pink?

haha that's cute, "popsicle afficionado".

The other day, I bought a firecracker from the ice cream man, thinking it was the popsicle brand ones, and it wasn't, and it was all extra sour and the texture was nasty.