Boond

Hero

Saw it tonight..it was good...but wasnt what i expected, what with there being swords and quenten tarintino's name being attached to it, i expected a slasher flick...however i was surprised, pleasantly i guess, to find that it was very dramatic and based around a very cool concept....however there were quick moving subtitles which sometimes beat me, when i relaxed my guard

Curses. I posted this in the wrong forum by accident so I might as well post in a thread by someone who took the care to do it right. I found the subtitles fast paced at the beginning, but slower later on; maybe because they were fewer and more far between. And, as I endeavour to inform everyone in, Tarantino simply suggested it be aired in america and it's suddenly "Tarantino presents..." All the same, I too expected some major bloodshed.

it was really good though...

minor spoiler inbound:

i love how the movie was made of all sorts of intertwinning veriosn of what happened, and how each version had its own colour...and the real world was all white and black...

oh i agree full heartedly...*minor spoiler/joke that may ruin dramatic part of movie*

when Broken Sword said he had two words and wrote them, i couldnt help but imagine they were "fuck you"...

lol none of that....though the people sitting in front of us were family friends of his...and they gave him this look...im not sure if it is because i am white, or they thought it was strange the two of us would go see a movie...

thats actually what i thought...cause they didnt notice me until andrew turned down an offer for a ride and told them he was giving me a ride home...they look over...i wave a little...and they give him this look....

Wow. I bow before your thread hijacking skills. ;)

I liked Hero... I think... I'm really not sure haha. It was a very "pretty" movie. The use of colour was great and the choreography for the fight scenes was very well done. And the story idea was good. But it was kind of slow in spots, and it wasn't at all what I expected it to be. I really thought it was going to be more epic, or more "Crouching Tiger-ish" (which is probably what a lot of people thought). I dunno. I'm really honestly torn about whether I liked it or not.