if this were facebook, i would "like" this post. these niggas is reppin' the hammer and now they're charging $30 for a show that should be $5. i recommend them in spite of this. maybe they're too indie to be cool or too big to be indie. either way, there's some good stuff on their music disc "jackson square" making its way onto the radio machine.

sidenote: jackson square is a local mall that is full of teen moms and bums buying booze at 10am. also, it is inhabited by the local miscreants and people with nowhere else to go.

I didn't mind Jackson Square, but I agree $30 is WAY too much to see them. They're only charging $20 in Ottawa, but still. Heck, I'd be willing to pay their guitar player more than everyone else, but that's because I like the early Dan Griffin stuff.

jackson square is where you go when it's really cold out, and you need a break.

jackson square is where you go when you want to play frisbee on the roof with the guitarist for shania twain.

jackson square is where you go when you're 8 years old and your mother needs to do some banking, and you know if you go with her you'll get fries from mcdonalds.

Live music is often expensive. It sucks but since many people don't actually pay for music, shows is where they get money back. I REALLY like the Arkells. They are at the point though where they need another good album or may fall into the abyss. I'm sure you can all think of some example.

I saw the Arkells yesterday at Trafalgar Squre in London. They were excellent. Biggest issue was they opened and were folled by Jann Arden. Yeah, that Jann Aren. Don't know what they were thinking. The Sheep Dogs and The Hip finished. I missed Gord when he could still sing.

Arkells are excellent. Saw them live, they're a very tight band and sound better live than on record. One thing that surprised me is that their keyboardist is the best guitar player in the band, he blew me away when he came out and played guitar on their final encore song, a cover of Bryan Adams' 'Run to You'