Shortcut To Moncton

Does Anyone Think This Song Sounds Like Tripoli?

found their wiki article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polvo

not sure what math rock was but maybe mg and co liked it too?

I would say that math rock built the foundations of what post rock has evolved into right now. My attempt at explaining math rock would be "technical indie rock". It's very guitar-based and the song structures aren't very conventional and tend to go everywhere. Some earlier math rock bands have a lo-fi sound to them with off-tune vocals such as Polvo and Chavez. My three favourite math rock bands however would be Slint, June of 44 and Don Caballero. All three of them possess a darker/experimental sound that arguably paved the way for bands like Mogwai and Sigur Ros. Slint's 1991 album Spiderland is an album I would highly recommend--for the longest time, I didn't listen to music the same way after I heard that record. For today's standards, Battles would be the closest thing to math rock right now.

As for Polvo, there's no denying that matt good or dave genn listened to them in their past!

Guest jjazz

I don't think that's true at all, but I see where the idea comes from. The 4 note bass progression (although sweater song is only 3 notes in total), and then Dave's picking melody in the chorus. But yeah, they are two different monsters respectively.