On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 10:36 PM, starrycanadiansky said:

feel better get well GIF The Battle is upon us.

What did you think?

SPOILERS AHEAD

For my part, I'll admit I was on the edge of my seat the entire time and that I was cheering when Arya was able to drop the Night King. Likewise, I thought they handled the 4 deaths quite well, especially Theon's. To see him not make the wrong choice this time when his back was against the wall was a good finale for him and it even seemed like the NK gave him some low key respect when he bothered to look down at him on the ground. 

However, in retrospect, there were things I wasn't a fan of either:

-The lighting for episode was terrible (though admittedly perhaps on purpose to try and give the audience an idea of what it was like for those there). 

-It felt like, given the number of wrights, more main characters should have died. Don't get me wrong, four long time characters going out (two of them being main characters), isn't nothing, but it just felt unrealistic for so many other main characters to come out of that alive given the numbers they were swarmed by (much like in episode 6 of last season). 

-As tension filled as it was, it feels like the death of the Night King was almost....too soon. While we know "what" he was trying to do (at least according to Bran/The 3 Eyed Raven), we still don't know "why" he was doing it. What motivated him? Perhaps we'll still find out in these last few episodes, but  it's possible we won't. 

Lastly- and this is just a random thought- there is something very off about Bran. It feels like there is more going on with him than we know and while that may seem obvious to some, I feel like there is more going on with him in a bad way. I can't explain it but after the end of this episode...I feel like there is going to be a reveal that Bran/the 3 Eyed Raven is not what we all thought. 

Edited by daniel_v

It seems to be that the ending of that episode was very anticlimactic and made much of the character buildup relating to John Snow and Danny, pointless. I makes so sense to me to have all of the character building (ice & fire) over the past 8 years for it to end that way. Arya was about revenge for her family against the conspiracy started by Littlefinger, her story did not involve the Night King. Thats how I see it.