Who

So Who's Going To Fill In For Stu And Blake?

Matt just posted on the M+ section of the blog that the lineup for this tour will be Milos on bass, his friend Jimmy Reid on guitar and Ian Browne returning on drums. He said there will also be pianist as well. Hopefully we will get some tour dates soon as he said in a post a few weeks ago that dates will coming in late June or early July.

It will be cool to see Ian on the drums as I never saw MGB live, will be interesting to see which songs they play.

Matt just posted on the M+ section of the blog that the lineup for this tour will be Milos on bass, his friend Jimmy Reid on guitar and Ian Browne returning on drums. He said there will also be pianist as well. Hopefully we will get some tour dates soon as he said in a post a few weeks ago that dates will coming in late June or early July.

Just saw the Hamilton, ON date listed on TicketBastard for Saturday, October 22nd, 2011 at Hamilton Place Theatre. Tickets (for seats anybody'd wanna sit in) are $67.75 including "service charges." Presale on July 7th. Public sale on July 8th. I'm wondering if Toronto will be the night before or after this one.

Just saw the Hamilton, ON date listed on TicketBastard for Saturday, October 22nd, 2011 at Hamilton Place Theatre. Tickets (for seats anybody'd wanna sit in) are $67.75 including "service charges." Presale on July 7th. Public sale on July 8th. I'm wondering if Toronto will be the night before or after this one.

I see that now, we should see dates on the site within the next few days then. The tour must be starting in the west, probably in late September then.

There's the picking as well. It's not the same. Matt does goes up and down with the string as Milos does it with his finger a bit slower.

I just tweeted him to ask what exactly he did. Personally, I think it's just delay (I set my pedal to about 135ms when I play it) and steady eight notes, with the delay making it sound like tremolo picking. And it is really freaking hard forme to keep that rhythm steady without the drums.

So Ian is returning- half of what I said would be awesome came true!

God damn, Ian Browne? That's killer news. Defiantly the best drummer he's played with in his career.

Here's some speculation:

During his interview with Alan Cross, Matt said he wanted to record the new record one song at a time while on tour in different cities. Anyone think that this will go down this tour? Maybe there will be a cool drum fill on a record for the first time in 8 years, hahaha.

Hmmm, maybe we can welcome back Ryan Dahle back into the mix? He's an incredible guitar player, and vocalist. Meegee can slap a mean bass, too.

Would love to see more of this collaboration.....

As a bassist myself, I can say milos is a superb bass player. I chatted with him at the hideout in Toronto a few months back where he was playing with a band called new era. He said he had short notice about playing the show and you could see there was a lot of improvisation going on- but he was fantastic, very funky actually. He plays exactly what Matt wants him to play- although you do hear his personality come out in weapon live which is a killer groove- without doubt better than studio in my opinion. Great he's still in with Matt and long may it continue. Next step is to get him in the studio- no offense to my favorite artist of all time though!

Hmmm, maybe we can welcome back Ryan Dahle back into the mix? He's an incredible guitar player, and vocalist. Meegee can slap a mean bass, too.

Meegee is just an all around fantastic musician: electric and double bass, clarinet, cello... some other stuff I'm probably missing. She can totally play circles around me, that's for sure.

Guest jjazz
As a bassist myself, I can say milos is a superb bass player. I chatted with him at the hideout in Toronto a few months back where he was playing with a band called new era. He said he had short notice about playing the show and you could see there was a lot of improvisation going on- but he was fantastic, very funky actually. He plays exactly what Matt wants him to play- although you do hear his personality come out in weapon live which is a killer groove- without doubt better than studio in my opinion. Great he's still in with Matt and long may it continue. Next step is to get him in the studio- no offense to my favorite artist of all time though!

The whole time reading this all I could think of, is that you ARE Milos and you're sick of hearing everyone bash you.

And I do agree with you. I think that's the one thing that might be missing from Matt's records as of late. I enjoyed hearing Rich play bass on the records. Much different tone, and style. I guess that means they weren't true Matt Good records, but whatever. I liked hearing someone elses voice speak up in the music every now and then.