Crusader

Matthew Good 2011 Tour Dates!

Anyone know the code for the hamilton presale?

EDIT:

It's lyrics, but it didn't work the first few times I tried.

The venue presale code is HECFI. (Though, now that I look at it, it looks like the same batch of seats.)

And, if anyone's curious, it turns out that the first rows aren't entirely blocked out for VIP tickets.

Edited by uglyredhonda

A few here have I think. The Vogue is also not showing up as sold out for me, just locked.

It looks like the Vancouver presale is up and running. I cycled through the various seats. It looks like the closest seats in the Orchestra levels are in row 14/15. Dress Circle seems to be limited to rows 2 and backwards...no luck getting row 1. Crossing my fingers those row 1 dress circle tickets open up when tickets officially go on sale tomorrow.

Yup, I'm in FF which is like.. 6 rows back I think?

Yup! I've always had good luck with presales there (scored one today in BB). TO venues, forget it. Seems like they always save the best seats for the main on-sale. (I saw one first-row balcony seat at the QET today, which I probably would have lived with if I hadn't decided to go to Hamilton.)

Scored a front row seat today via the reg. ticket sales so I am reselling my 9th row pre-sale panic purchase of an aisle seat for the price I paid (70.00) single seat if any one is in need of one for the Nov 29 2011 VICTORIA BC show at the Royal Theatre...9th row is a great view in this venue....

Jen ;)

Edited by jennzebel

I hope people don't get too hopeful about a lot of back catalog stuff being played now that Ian is back in the live picture. I imagine that some favorites (Suburbia immediately springs to mind) may be added to the setlist rotation, but I am a little fearful of a people being all pissy that Beautiful Midnight doesn't make up half of each show.

Guest jjazz

Ian knows the MGB stuff, and since he hasn't been in the band in 10 years, I doubt he can hop on a kit and play the entire MGB catalog without going over everything a few times.

It's going to be the same stuff, Matt has a new band to train. Except this time the focus will be more on LOES and whatever else Matt chooses. He's not touring Hospital Music or Vancouver this time around, so even though there might be a lot of that material in the setlist, it doesn't necessarily have to be.

Ian knows the MGB stuff, and since he hasn't been in the band in 10 years, I doubt he can hop on a kit and play the entire MGB catalog without going over everything a few times.

It's going to be the same stuff, Matt has a new band to train. Except this time the focus will be more on LOES and whatever else Matt chooses. He's not touring Hospital Music or Vancouver this time around, so even though there might be a lot of that material in the setlist, it doesn't necessarily have to be.

Right. A new lead guitarist + new pianist/keyboardist (i believe they are adding) + a drummer that hasn't played MGB tunes in 10 years = a tour similar to the last 2 tours, ie: a setlist that probably won't change much in songs played, featuring a lot of stuff off the new album + most of the usual past hits...and maybe a couple of Matt favorites or obscure songs thrown in if we're lucky.

Right. A new lead guitarist + new pianist/keyboardist (i believe they are adding) + a drummer that hasn't played MGB tunes in 10 years = a tour similar to the last 2 tours, ie: a setlist that probably won't change much in songs played, featuring a lot of stuff off the new album + most of the usual past hits...and maybe a couple of Matt favorites or obscure songs thrown in if we're lucky.

Matt, himself, has been quoted that we can expect some more obscure stuff (or stuff that hasn't been played in many years) [i believe "Near Fantastica" was mentioned]. They're gonna have to "learn" the new record as well as the old stuff so let's see what happens.

I wanted to head up to Bala for the first date but it just didn't work with my work schedule (running out of vacation days fast).

Since I know many people will be going to the Toronto and Hamilton dates (and those will get taped), I've decided to try my luck on the Mississauga show. At first, they had "Orchestra Pit" listed so the only tix showing up were in the dess circle (first balcony). After ten minutes of waiting, it was changed and managed to pull up tickets pretty much dead centre in the first ten rows. The other good thing was that the tickets (per pair) ran me about $30 less than Toronto or Hamilton would have.

http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/...Ticket_15224591

Matthew Good - Nov 29 2011 Royal Theatre - Victoria BC $70.00

SINGLE SEAT - Row G (9th row) Seat 12 (aisle, excellent roominess) - this is a great seat in this venue clear close view of stage.

I bought this pre-sale but ended up with 1st row on the day of regular sale so it is not needed.

Selling for what I paid 66.50+3.00 service charge.

I just checked the website and there is not a better seat left on the main floor. Best view and aisle = more room/easy access seat

VIP ticket question: does anyone know whether or not the seats are together if you get a few VIP tickets in one purchase? I'm convincing a friend to get the VIP tickets with me but she won't do it unless we know we'll be sitting together.

It says they can't guarantee where the seats will be, just wondering if anyone's gotten theirs in the mail.

Thanks!

VIP ticket question: does anyone know whether or not the seats are together if you get a few VIP tickets in one purchase? I'm convincing a friend to get the VIP tickets with me but she won't do it unless we know we'll be sitting together.

It says they can't guarantee where the seats will be, just wondering if anyone's gotten theirs in the mail.

Thanks!

Seeing as it says right on the VIP ticket pages that the tickets, merch and meet and greet instructions will be mailed out 4 weeks before the show, I would think it is safe to say that no one has gotten theirs yet ;)

That being said, I imagine if you buy more than one VIP package in the same order, they will put the seats beside each other.

Well... I'm an idiot haha. I think my mind just focused on "meet and greet" and $120 and didn't notice anything else.

Amazing deal but a slightly intimidating price at the same time. Wonder how many people will spring for it.

Thanks for answering my (now quite obviously) stupid question!

wow what happened to the days of $25-30 GA tickets ?

$70 for presale? and 120 for vip ? yikes!

when we stop paying those prices, maybe they'll drop. i used to think $70 was the most i'd pay for a ticket, now it seems like a deal. doesn't help that the service charges keep going up. i think they're around $15 now. it used to be $7.50.

when we stop paying those prices, maybe they'll drop. i used to think $70 was the most i'd pay for a ticket, now it seems like a deal. doesn't help that the service charges keep going up. i think they're around $15 now. it used to be $7.50.

Yeah this is the most I have ever paid to see MG...here in Vic it was a total of 69.50 - and yeah I will gladly pay it but not for too many artists anymore. Oddly the s/c was a mere 3.00 but it was not through ticketmaster (thank gawd) or they would have been more I am sure.

Since I know many people will be going to the Toronto and Hamilton dates (and those will get taped), I've decided to try my luck on the Mississauga show. At first, they had "Orchestra Pit" listed so the only tix showing up were in the dess circle (first balcony). After ten minutes of waiting, it was changed and managed to pull up tickets pretty much dead centre in the first ten rows. The other good thing was that the tickets (per pair) ran me about $30 less than Toronto or Hamilton would have.

I got similar, 11th row dead centre ;) I am going to the QE Theatre show also, because it's just a such a great venue. Also considering the Kitchener show...