Sign in to follow this  
sodamntired

What Are You Reading?

an actual book, with paper pages and everything

none of these e-readers

so what are you reading?

me

The Perks Of Being A Wallflower

you ever read a book halfway through its like you're reading about yourself?

yeah, me too.

so what are you reading?

half way through that did you think

"wow, its like this book is about my atmosphere?"

hyuk hyuk yuk. ;)

It seems unfair to artificially limit e-readers from this discussion. The movie thread doesn't specify how you get your movies.

Anyway. I guess I'm not reading any literature right now... just self improvement.

Well then you start an e-reader thread then because this ones paper!

Besides, who uses e-readers anyway ;) .

OK ... so onto the reading topic! It's not too invasive, yet will give you insight into what the Border is interested in - or not.

"sleepwalk with me" and "the entrepreneur's guide to sewn product manufacturing"

....at the same time

Edited by RicardoObviouso

...hot.

E-readers are fantastic. I absolutely adore my Kindle. Why the hate?

I'm currently reading The Ancestor's Tale by Richard Dawkins and am psyched for Sam Harris` ebook on Lying coming out on Monday.

Just finished Omnivore's Dilemma which I highly recommend. I'm considering Fast Food Nation, but I might try something a little less heady first,,

finished Sid Vicious: No One Is Innocent now Gilbert Gotfried: Rubber Balls and Liquor

Finally finished The Confession, what a dud. Now I'm on Guillermo Del Toro and Chuck Hogan's final installment in their vampire trilogy, "The Night Eternal". Book 1 and 2 were nothing short of phenomenal, I expect the 3rd to be as well.

I'm reading The Passage by Justin Cronin and it's awesome. It's a zombie book but don't let that turn you off from it, the story is fantastic. I'm about three-quarters done and I'm not wanting it to end!

Finished A Dance With Dragons last night and now I hope I don't have to wait 5 years for the next book to come out.

Will probably start The Hunger Games trilogy today, or Halting State by Charles Strauss. Haven't yet decided.

Started Hunger Games trilogy, finished the first 2 books. They're not spectacular but I am enjoying them. Kind of like a brainless action movie.

Finished the trilogy. Enjoyed it. Worth the $20 I spent on them, will read again.

Going to start Halting State tonight or tomorrow.

Started Hunger Games trilogy, finished the first 2 books. They're not spectacular but I am enjoying them. Kind of like a brainless action movie.

I just started the first book, kinda feels like it was written by a highschool student. That could just be because the last book i read was so well written though.

Well, it is written for a "young adult" audience, which is honestly a difficult concept for me grasp, because I was that kid in grade 5 reading Stephen King books. That being said, I did find them entertaining, the universe and ideas were pretty well thought out, even though some of the ideas the characters have were fairly narrow minded (such as Katniss and how]she feels like she can't be with someone unless she plans on marrying and having kids with them. Seriously, you are allowed to be with someone and love someone without marrying them if that's your choice, don't get so hung up on it). Katniss' self loathing gets pretty tiring after a while, which at times can make her an extremely unlikeable and annoying character, which is unfortunate because we are in her head the whole time.

Gripes aside, I would give the series a B-.

Gripes aside, I would give the series a B-.

Still not done the first book, but B- sounds about right. It's not amazing and some of the writing is clumsy, but still a bit of a page turner.

Read Halting State and have started Rule 34 by Charles Stross. Cool speculative sci-fi books.