sodamntired

What Are You Reading?

an actual book, with paper pages and everything

none of these e-readers

so what are you reading?

me

The Perks Of Being A Wallflower

you ever read a book halfway through its like you're reading about yourself?

yeah, me too.

so what are you reading?

It seems unfair to artificially limit e-readers from this discussion. The movie thread doesn't specify how you get your movies.

Anyway. I guess I'm not reading any literature right now... just self improvement.

I'm reading The Passage by Justin Cronin and it's awesome. It's a zombie book but don't let that turn you off from it, the story is fantastic. I'm about three-quarters done and I'm not wanting it to end!

Started Hunger Games trilogy, finished the first 2 books. They're not spectacular but I am enjoying them. Kind of like a brainless action movie.

I just started the first book, kinda feels like it was written by a highschool student. That could just be because the last book i read was so well written though.

Well, it is written for a "young adult" audience, which is honestly a difficult concept for me grasp, because I was that kid in grade 5 reading Stephen King books. That being said, I did find them entertaining, the universe and ideas were pretty well thought out, even though some of the ideas the characters have were fairly narrow minded (such as Katniss and how]she feels like she can't be with someone unless she plans on marrying and having kids with them. Seriously, you are allowed to be with someone and love someone without marrying them if that's your choice, don't get so hung up on it). Katniss' self loathing gets pretty tiring after a while, which at times can make her an extremely unlikeable and annoying character, which is unfortunate because we are in her head the whole time.

Gripes aside, I would give the series a B-.