Manchalivin

Last Of The Ghetto Astronauts

I had to check if my head was screwed on right last night. This is the one album of his I usually find quite bland and can't really get into at all (except for a couple standouts) but last night I was quite enjoying most songs (even Radio Bomb) and even listened to the album twice. Maybe it was because I haven't listened to it in a long while but who woulda thunk it. Perhaps my tastes have changed to fit this album more or I was just in the right mood for it. Hearing She's Got a New Disguise on youtube is what got me in the mood to listen to it again, I forgot how good that song is. Fearless and The War is Over are really good as well.

On an unrelated note, I thought of listening to 15 Hours on a September Thursday this Thursday as it's the last Thursday left in September so I could actually listen to 15 Hours on a September Thursday on a September Thursday. Anyone else with me?

LOTGA might be my most listened to MGB album, oddly enough. I love the sound of that album. I used to listen to it the most in college, but I still play it very frequently. I absolutely love She's Got A New Disguise, Native Son, Vermilion, Every Name is My Name, and The War Is Over/Omissions of the Omen.

LOTGA might be my most listened to MGB album, oddly enough. I love the sound of that album. I used to listen to it the most in college, but I still play it very frequently. I absolutely love She's Got A New Disguise, Native Son, Vermilion, Every Name is My Name, and The War Is Over/Omissions of the Omen.

I adore LOTGA. Most of the songs are fantastic. His vocals are amazing.

I think it's good, but not great. Not even very good. But still good. It is one of those albums that I am drawn more to some of the individual songs than I am to the album as a whole, whereas with Beautiful Midnight and Audio I do get drawn towards my favorite songs frequently, but still listen to those albums front to back quite frequently.

I think it's good, but not great. Not even very good. But still good. It is one of those albums that I am drawn more to some of the individual songs than I am to the album as a whole, whereas with Beautiful Midnight and Audio I do get drawn towards my favorite songs frequently, but still listen to those albums front to back quite frequently.

i agree wholeheartedly, my good gerbilsquirt

geoff lloyd was integral to the "pop-punk" i speak of. why did rich priske ever replace him, i know it's not my business but the whole direction changed after that. it was like it got darker and darker until it imploded, after he left

geoff lloyd was integral to the "pop-punk" i speak of. why did rich priske ever replace him, i know it's not my business but the whole direction changed after that. it was like it got darker and darker until it imploded, after he left

geoff quit the band, he didn't get replaced.

Geoff Lloyd probably was the most interesting bass player Matt had and the organ is pretty awesome in The War is Over.

Yes that is something I really love about LOTGA. The organ adds a lot to Native Son and The War Is Over. I just love how...vintage the album sounds (relatively speaking).

Yes! I listened to 15 Hours on a September Thursday on a September Thursday! As if it's some sort of accomplishment, hahaha.

Speaking of bass and this demo, it perhaps stands out even more than the bass on LOTGA. Ariel Watson played bass on it. I wonder what happened to him/her?

Yes that is something I really love about LOTGA. The organ adds a lot to Native Son and The War Is Over. I just love how...vintage the album sounds (relatively speaking).

It sounds a million years old in and of it self. And a millions years in terms of MG's career.

It's got some good songs on it though. War is over is good.

------

I also wonder what happened to some of the old old! band members...

Guest Bimbly
Geoff Lloyd probably was the most interesting bass player Matt had and the organ is pretty awesome in The War is Over.

Yeah, I agree.

I think in one of Geoff's posts on here he had said that before he left MGB, Good wanted him to ease up on the bass dynamics and go for a more straightforward Pixies, chugging style. He didn't see fit to acquiesce, so he bailed. That's when Rich came in and catered to MG's (and Genn's?) vision for the band, presumably anyway; the bass on Beautiful Midnight is a lot more straight forward if I'm recalling correctly.

Nice to see you on the board AllThatMakesUsHuman. Welcome. Yeah this is probably my least favourite MG album but I've just been getting into it more lately for some reason. I've also really been getting into some of the old demos again.

Bimbly: The bass follows the rest of the music more I think on Beautiful Midnight.