Crusader

Matthew Good 2012 Us Tour

I've seen 2 acoustic shows and 1 full band show at this point. The first acoustic show was an amazing night in my life. The full band show was so great. I'm a little disappointed I won't get to hear Non Populus, but I guess I should be happy that he's doing a U.S. tour at all. I can only hope that I get to hear some rarities that I haven't heard before live! I do like the Bowery Ballroom a lot. Great venue for Matt.

An acoustic Matt Good show is something you don't want to miss if you like hearing the old gems reworked. The band show is great, but if given a choice, I think I'd choose acoustic. And that's a tough call because I REALLY love the new band.

Does anyone know why the Bowery Ballroom (in NYC) show has been taken off his webpage? I keep checking every day to see when tickets would be made available, but now it looks like the show might not happen?

I thought this would've been the perfect venue to introduce some friends to my favorite musical artist...thanks in advance for any info that anyone can provide.

Bought 2 tickets to the NY Mercury Lounge show. This will be my 4th time seeing Matt Good...hopefully he'll have the tour bus around after the concert. Last time I got Hospital Music signed. Not sure which album I'd bring if I got to meet him again. Maybe Avalanche.

Nice to see someone else New York based on this board. Were you at the last two NY shows? 2008 acoustic and 2010 full band. For '08 I remember he was sick and cancelled a lot of the shows around that part of the tour, but he still went on in NY and it was great. There were not a lot of people there, though. The full band show was totally rocking. The Bowery Ballroom was packed that night and everyone was into it. He played a little bit of a longer set than he had been on that tour too.

Gomo,

I unfortunately missed both of those shows. Have been a huge MG fan since Beautiful Midnight came out, but I haven't been to many concerts at all. My timing was really poor as well...I remember looking at his website in 2010 for shows and he had played about a month earlier. Needless to say I am very excited to see him...hopefully my wife will also enjoy it and she will keep reminding me to check for future shows! :-) This message board should help too...I never knew this existed until very recently and plan to stay active on the boards.

From Matt's blog:

I’ve been working on a few ‘remakes’ for the acoustic tour. Might throw Carmelina in the set once in a while. Got Running For Home down in acoustic form. A little I Am Not Safer Than A Bank, Life Beyond The Minimum Safe Distance, and a rather interesting rendition of Zero Orchestra.

There’s more, but I don’t want to spoil it all.

Of course, the usual hilarity will ensue when I fuck some of them up, but that’s one of the best parts about playing alone – fucking up’s actually fun. It’s good for at least a 10 minute rant. That and on this one I'll be switching from red wine to straight rum - so god knows what'll happen.

In response to Matt's post I am extremely saddened to hear that he may lose money after dedicating his time (presumably away from his family) to come here and play for us. It's not my business but does Matt at least get money from merch sales? If so lets all buy as much as possible to help give back to someone who has given us so much over the past 17 yrs. At least help out with red wine and rum. Tickets are priced low (at least in Pittsburgh) so bring friends, bring a sibling, spouse, parent. Lets at least make this tour a success for Matt

Thank you. Great job. I'm very much looking forward to the New York show on March 7th. Let's hope this tour isn't the last of its kind...

On the other hand, this will give me an excuse to make visits to Canada in the future. Haha.

Life Beyond the Minimum Safe Distance has always been one of my favorite acoustic songs. Very curious to hear how Running for Home translates.

Edited by Gomo

Harsh. Why is this the last time you can receive help with touring? And how many people do you need to bring for an acoustic show? Sound guy, tour manager, driver (?).

Does this mean just no more USA tours? Or does this mean no more tours AT ALL?

I hope it's not the latter. I got to see you in Halifax on the Vancouver Tour but missed LoES. I really want to see you live at least one more time.

As a selfish Canadian I love the American tours as it gives me another chance to whip down to Seattle or Portland to see Matt a couple more times! But obviously the financial reality of it is important, spending a month or two away from family has got to be pretty taxing, and if your losing money to do it well at some point you gotta do whats best for you and not for fans. Its unfortunate for fans down in the south, but it is what it is. Regardless of what the future holds I'll still go to multiple shows within a 300 km radius, saw 6 shows last tour and 5 the tour before, can't wait for the next two in Seattle and Portland as I've never seen any of the acoustic shows before.

Ya know it sucks that Matt can't get any love from the US radio stations. it's very embarrassing that 97.7 and 102.1 are advertising for the Niagara Falls show, but the Buffalo stations haven't said one word about it.

First time poster! Discovered MG about a year ago through my girlfriend/musical soulmate. We are very much looking forward to the Boston show next month, and just want to say thank you for the incredible music.

Has anyone got the setlists from Seattle and/or Portland?

Thx!

TS

Hey, short notice, but are any of the bored people going to the SF show.

If you are I look forward to seeing you there. If you are commuting up from SB you can PM me and maybe we can carpool. I'll be leaving around 5:15 on account of the rain (grrr rain).

Also, I have an extra ticket.