Crusader

Matthew Good 2012 Us Tour

For anyone who hadn't seen this on Matt's website - "Rabbits" acoustic. One word: AWESOME.

(It seems like he's spent a long time trying to figure out how to play this acoustically, and it's great to see such a brilliant take.)

/continuing to kick myself for not being able to catch this tour

Edited by uglyredhonda

hmm, both shows were shorter than the Media show.

Seattle was probably an hour and 45 minutes and Portland was maybe a little over 2 hours. Didn't notice anyone taping unfortunately, just lots of cameras and phones recording bits and pieces of songs.

As far as I'm concerned Matt, I owe you a great deal for the impact your music has had on my life. I had the honor and privilege of meeting you in Buffalo several years ago. I am saddened by the fact that so few here in the lower 48 have had the chance to experience your music. I was lucky enough to have MM in New England, back in the 90's which is how I was exposed to MGB. I have been a fan ever since. I'm a big boy, and I can afford a trip to Canada to see you perform, and if that's my only option at some point, then so be it. Considering what your music has given me, it would be worth it.

It bothers me that there is room here for so many subpar performers to make an impact, and that a truly talented, non-prefab artist, feels that they may never have an impact in the US. I know that I am just one person, and compared to a music industry designed for the soul-less purpose of making rich execs richer, that may not mean much, but I want you to know that your music can and does make a difference.

Thank you Matt for everything, and when you're on stage here in Arizona on Saturday night, I'll be the one yelling THANK YOU at the end of the show, and I'll be bringing three more people to introduce to your amazing gift, and yes sir if given the honor, I would gladly buy you a drink. It's the least I can do for someone who without even knowing it made a difference on one of my darkest days.

Edited by bishopx

Here's the San Francisco setlist. Great great show of course. Lots of good stories. I'll try to post some vids in the next couple days.

Alert Status Red

Born Losers

Strange Days

While We Were Hunting Rabbits

99% of us is Failure

Suburbia

I'm a Window

Avalanche

Motorway to Roswell (Pixies cover)

Fine Art of Falling Apart

Generation X-Wing

How It Goes

Apparitions

-----------------------

Life Beyond the Minimum Safe Distance

Prime Time Deliverance

Sort of a Protest Song

Omissions of the Omen

Holy crap, that's a great setlist! I might try a little harder to make it to one of his Texas shows...

EDIT: Anybody from Louisiana want to carpool w/ a complete stranger to one of Matt Good's shows next week? I promise I'm not a serial killer, lol

EDIT 2: though I probably would kill to hear "Suburbia" live... :whistle:

Edited by OriginalSpecies

Shows look to be going well. I am always surprised at the songs people record for youtube though. How many "Avalanches" "Alert Status Reds" can we see? I'd be dying to hear omissions or zero orchestra acoustic. Any of the new or rarer songs since you don't know when they will be played again.