Crusader

Matthew Good 2012 Us Tour

Craigslist is the last place I'd buy an event ticket.

I wouldn't worry about how much the other guy will profit. Matt already made the money on the ticket. But it's up to you, you know what you can handle. Did you go to any of the recent NY shows?

not from a scalper but from a private seller. I can't tell you how many tickets, cars, stuff i've gotten off CL. The key is not sending stuff to nigeria, or anything silly like paying first. Probably find a guy with an extra and meet you at the show or meet them before hand and do cash for tickets somewhere safe and in public.

I dunno, sounds like a little more trouble than it's worth. I probably wouldn't want to go to a show that bad to have to use Craigslist, but if it works for you then who am I to argue?

Chip, any response from Matt Good?

No. Wasn't able to find his email. I messaged his facebook, but I haven't heard back. I don't blame him though hes on tour in the us, sick, has a wife, 2 kids, dogs and horses. I understand if lazy guy who waited too long to buy tickets is not on his priority list.

Well, if for some reason my girlfriend bails on me that night (which is entirely possible) I'll send you a message on here RE: my second ticket. Don't rely on that, but you never know.

Edited by Gomo

The Niagara Falls show was really good, and there were some song choices that were quite a surprise to hear. I don't have a full setlist but some of the highlights were:

So Long Mrs. Smith

Champion of Nothing (12 String)

Alert Status Red (12 String)

Tripoli

Generation X-Wing (12 String)

While We Were Hunting Rabbits

Was at the Niagara Falls show last night and I loved the song choices, the crowd on the other hand wasn't the best. Matt looked sort of frustrated throughout the entire show.

I got the setlist and he signed it after the show, it was as follow

Load Me Up

Life Beyond the Minimum Safe Distance

So Long Mrs. Smith

Born Losers

Avalanche

Strange Days

How It Goes

Silent Army In The Trees

Alert Status Red

Fine Art of Falling Apart

Suburbia

Prime Time Deliverance

Apparitions

Encore

Champions of Nothing

Metal Airplanes

Tripoli

Generation X Wing

He originally didn't have load me up on the setlist and had omissions of the omen on but didn't play it. I'll be in Rochester tonight hoping for another great show, hopefully better crowd.

Rochester, NY

Advertising on Police Cars

Born Losers

Fated

Fine Art of Falling Apart

Avalanche

Strange Days

In a World Called Catastrophe

Suburbia

Omissions of the Omen

Load Me Up

Apparitions

Metal Airplanes

Alert Status Red

Black Helicopter

How It Goes

It was my first time seeing Matt Good perform and I thought it was an excellent performance. He seemed to be in a pretty good mood and talked to the crowd a lot so it surprised me when he said that his illness had finally caught up to him onstage. He still sounded very good but I'm guessing he probably cut a song or two.

Anybody have a version of "Omissions of the Omen" recorded on his tour? Or better yet, a recorded show?

I have this. Recorded it last night at Rochester, just have to get it up on youtube and I'll post a link. I also have some videos from Niagara Falls that I will post.

Also, I got the setlist from Rochester. Nothing was cut out. What nmf posted above is what was listed.

Edited by Krista

Great video...despite the fact I'd like to reach out and smack every last person talking in the background. Matt's singing Omissions Of The Omen, the only way to respond is sit down, shut up and bask in the greatness before you. It's not Apparitions or something we hear everytime.

i really don't understand folks who drop $40 bucks on a ticket for a concert and then spend the whole night talking and drinking instead of listening and participating with the musician they paid to see. I was very impressed with the Rapids Theater, much better acousitics than Club Infinity. I'd say Infinity and Water Street have much the same atmosphere, bar first music later. Clinking of bottles is not cool in a smallish venue.

Thanks for posting that video ...I think I saw you get the set list from Lance :)

It's funny in that I was there.. but hearing it back.. wow..I didn't perceive how much background noise there was in the bar.

Such a shame.

I'll have some pics from NF and Rochester shows soon.. I'm happy I had photo pass for both because otherwise I wouldn't have been able to get my gear in there. Neither venue was DSLR camera friendly.

I know matt doesn't like the people who randomly yell snarky comments (nor do most of us) but why play venues that serve liquor? The only really obnoxious people are the drunks who can't controll themselves. It's an acoustic concert with a man, a guitar, and his voice. Matt is ballsy enough to do this in the first place let along the fact that he is doing this while ill. People should be more respectful or be served a 2 drink limit. A felt embarrassed for the drunk chick in Pittsburgh who was molesing her 60+ yr old boyfriend/husband/client all night 2 feet from the stage

Thanks for posting that video ...I think I saw you get the set list from Lance :)

It's funny in that I was there.. but hearing it back.. wow..I didn't perceive how much background noise there was in the bar.

Such a shame.

I'll have some pics from NF and Rochester shows soon.. I'm happy I had photo pass for both because otherwise I wouldn't have been able to get my gear in there. Neither venue was DSLR camera friendly.

Yep, that was me. :) I think I saw you, too, off to Matt's left? I saw your equipment on the stage.

I agree with everyone's comments about the noise at acoustic shows. IMO, Matt didn't look very happy during Friday's show at Niagara Falls. He didn't say much between songs, like you would usually expect at an acoustic show. I was at the full band show last fall in Montreal, which I'm pretty sure was at a club where alcohol was being served, and you could hear a pin drop during some of the quieter parts of songs.

Haha nothing to do with Matt, But still hilarious. When I read Foats comments about the embarassing girl molesting her old boyfriend I scrolled down to Krista and instead of reading what she was quoting I just started reading her comments which start off with "yup that was me :) " haha

I know matt doesn't like the people who randomly yell snarky comments (nor do most of us) but why play venues that serve liquor? The only really obnoxious people are the drunks who can't controll themselves. It's an acoustic concert with a man, a guitar, and his voice. Matt is ballsy enough to do this in the first place let along the fact that he is doing this while ill. People should be more respectful or be served a 2 drink limit. A felt embarrassed for the drunk chick in Pittsburgh who was molesing her 60+ yr old boyfriend/husband/client all night 2 feet from the stage

Money I believe. Artists get a cut of alcohol sales at a lot of venues and it helps keep ticket prices down (upping attendance), since the venue has an additional, high-profit margin source of revenue.

Additionally, all ages shows can be their own special breed of annoying -- though I doubt Matt would be a magnet for throngs of 15-16 year olds (but I also wouldn't expect his rare US tour to attract a demo that would talk through the songs either).