Crusader

Matthew Good 2012 Us Tour

this is what really blows my mind. Matt is not heavily promoted in the States, for someone down there to know of him and care enough to pay to go see him they must at the least be a moderate level of fan. So then why are these people just standing around talking through songs. You shoulda heard 99.9% in Seattle, Matt might has well been standing in the middle of the NYSE with just an acoustic guitar and no amplifier, I could barely hear him and I was in the front row.

As long as people are engaged in the show I don't mind a little noise from the crowd, but those that completely disregard the person on stage are indeed asinine. The NY shows I've been to have all been overall respectful, except for someone belching extremely loud at a quiet part of Avalanche. That was awful.

Here is what I got uploaded today, all from Niagara Falls. Two more left for tomorrow.

Life Beyond The Minimum Safe Distance: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=6UZLvkhMoQw

So Long Mrs. Smith: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Lhq30kV55AU

While We Were Hunting Rabbits: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Ej9J_xu1Cdo

A Silent Army In The Trees: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=_h9H22v3MtM

The Fine Art Of Falling Apart: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=juk5Wu1ibyM

Prime Time Deliverance: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=jyrEkTicokY

• Upvote 1

The videos are pretty solid Krista. I will admit since going to both shows that the crowd was better in Rochester than in Niagara Falls. I really don't remember there being problems with people talking when he played at either Club Infinity or The Town Ballroom in Buffalo, maybe it's just escaping me and I could be wrong.

I think a smaller venue with less people helped that out a little bit but either way both of the New York shows were solid and had a good variety of songs. I was surprised and glad he started with Police Cars on Saturday night and threw Fated in there too. Last time I saw Matt acoustic in Buffalo he ended up playing Fated even though it wasn't on the set list..

Hopefully, someone filmed "99% Of Us Is Failure" tonite in Philly. Dammit that was awesome. At the end of the show, Matt again thanked everyone for what happened and said it was "the highlight of the tour". Basically, long story short, the plug in the guitar was malfunctioning, so he came and sat at the edge of the stage, told everyone to gather round close, and he played it about as unplugged as you could get, and it was awesome because everyone was singing along to the words with him. It was almost like having him sitting in your living room on an acoustic guitar during a holiday with everyone closely gathered around him. You could tell he seemed really touched by everyone singing along. A really cool special moment. Hopefully it pops up on youtube somewhere.

this is what really blows my mind. Matt is not heavily promoted in the States, for someone down there to know of him and care enough to pay to go see him they must at the least be a moderate level of fan. So then why are these people just standing around talking through songs. You shoulda heard 99.9% in Seattle, Matt might has well been standing in the middle of the NYSE with just an acoustic guitar and no amplifier, I could barely hear him and I was in the front row.

Well let me tell you buddy, you are gonna be in for a real treat tomorrow night.,.kinda.

I just got back from his show in philly. Which about 100 people showed up for. When he went to play 99% the guitar wouldn't hook up to the sound system so he said fuck it pulled the crowd(haha crowd, the 30 people standing) to the front, and just sat down and played without the speakers. It was pretty bad ass. I got it on my phone, it sounds pretty good for being from a camera phone. I will upload it tomorrow. I hope someone got a better more clear version out there... That said the crowd was silent, other than singing along.

I'm gonna try to do the set of memory, he was going off on all sorts of tangents, about generals, and people in peoples busniess. Something about jesus, he had a big talk about dave genn, ian, and geoff.

set list- It's close to being in order. I think I might be missing 1-2 songs, but not sure. he told like 15-20 minute worth of stories, so I lost track.

metal airplanes

born losers

avalanche

rabbits

suburbia

99%

load me up

strange days

how it goes

prime time

apparitions

sort of a protest song

so long

fated

omission

gen x

Someone asked for odette, he said he hadn't played it this tour and wasn't sure if he could remember the words...so a bit later when the crazy older couple who asked, go to the bathroom, he goes to play it, and as he's about to hit the first word. He sees they aren't there said that's pretty fucked up and went into another song.

Edited by prototypepariah
  • Upvote 1

I know matt doesn't like the people who randomly yell snarky comments (nor do most of us) but why play venues that serve liquor? The only really obnoxious people are the drunks who can't controll themselves. It's an acoustic concert with a man, a guitar, and his voice. Matt is ballsy enough to do this in the first place let along the fact that he is doing this while ill. People should be more respectful or be served a 2 drink limit. A felt embarrassed for the drunk chick in Pittsburgh who was molesing her 60+ yr old boyfriend/husband/client all night 2 feet from the stage

are you kidding me?

In regards to an above comment regarding stories being told in Philadelphia, it was almost like audience participation where people were just openly shouting out questions (To me, I thought he actually seemed in a really good mood - I saw him once in Philly and someone pissed im off royally and he wound up not even doing an encore) and someone shouted out something like "Do you still talk to Dave Genn?" and he went into this long story about how they havent spoken in like 11 years but it was weird because their wives talk on Facebook. he was sort of alluding to "we're all older now and this shit's not worth it, get the F over it already". The longer the show went, the longer the talking and stories became since he was sucking down the Gin pretty good. Between the storytelling, the random Q&A, all those awesome songs (and i thought his voice was just awesome), and the performance of 99%, this was a really, REALLY great show

The Philadelphia show was fantastic. Like the others have said 99% of us is failure was a great moment. He sat down on the edge of the stage right in front of me and my girlfriend so it was pretty surreal. That made dealing with the weird old drunken swingers next to us on the floor , dirty dancing to every song and yelling out"odette" after every song , worth it alone. Lol

There were 2 older couples in question here. The one man looked like a mix of mr. drummond and ben franklin.haha. I hadnt noticed them until they walked up right next to me as soon as MG came on. I didnt think anything of it until they started shouting out "ODETTE!" and that triggered a memory from his last show at world cafe when they were there as well screaming for that same song! It was interesting though as they were making out with each other and rubbing on each other EVEN WHEN THERE WASNT MUSIC PLAYING! I think they said they were from jersey and are going to the new york show. So new yorkers' beware! lol

These must have been the two from the Pitt show too!! She yelled out about Jack Johnson Banana pancakes and matt started talking about it. Was he really well dressed? It had to have been the same people. How many Mr Drummond look alikes can there be?

Ok guys, serious question. I have the video concert of Philadelphia that was recorded and the quality is quite decent. I would give the video a seven and the audio an eight (out of 10). Is there a demand for it if I make a free DVD for DIME or something? I just want to make sure some of you would find it valuable before I invest a lot of time editing and making it available. Please let me know.

I'd really like to have a copy, that would be really cool to have !

The version of 99% I have is more complete than the one MG posted, but has more crowd noise(mostly me) and distortion from being a bit further back. I also briefly tried to tape the two (swinger) guys hugging,sadly it's really dark and you can't make it out. I don't think they were swingers, just super drunk and having a good time. mostly I found myself thinking how funny ben franklin look alike must be in bed with a girl 4'11' 85lbs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioChn0f3DDs

In 99% when it gets distorted, and he kinda waives towards the back. That's the guitar kicking back in on the speakers briefly.

Edited by prototypepariah
  • Upvote 1