sodamntired

Matt On George Stroumopoulous Tonight

Sucks that they waited this long to air it. (It was taped in September before the tour started.) I would bet pretty heavily that it went much longer than 7 minutes when it was taped - I assuming he spent a while talking about current events that would no longer be current.

7 minutes of airtime is crazy for an interview.

Not for Strombo - on his show, that's relatively light, particularly for somebody like Matt. And, actually, that 7 minutes includes a minute-long intro.

The interview:

http://www.cbc.ca/st...l?ID=2172196129

Edited by uglyredhonda

That interview was actually really great. I enjoy hearing the way he's starting to put the past behind him, seems really therapeutic to me. Too bad that him and Dave can't work it out even in a time of mourning.

And wow did he ever get emotional talking about getting into politics. That would be absolutely incredible to see.

Yeah, George is great.

He said that they`re not brothers.

Now, it`s my turn. What did he say about Dave at the funeral? I can't make it out.. All I could hear was: he wouldn`t even go to aisle left

Edited by girl

hehe. Thanks a lot, Jesse. I guess I should get my hearing checked. George is right. That is crazy. My respect for Dave just took a nosedive.

Edited by girl

He said that he would run is Sacha (Turdeau's son) would run for PM - then said he is not his bother - referring to Justin Trudeau who i believe has an interest in running.

The i realize i just said that on national TV si that Being the Son of Pierre Trudeau is a big thing when it comes to politics and maybe Matt didn't think comparing them was the most fair thing to do.

george brought up justin, and matt said "he's not his brother". originally, because of the inflection in matt's voice and his immediate change in demeanor, i took it literally, but thinking about it now, i believe what he meant was that justin doesn't have the same qualities as alex and therefore isn't someone that matt would stand behind... the reason why he apologized is because justin is actually involved in politics and alex isnt. essentially "justin is not as strong as alex"

i do like the fact that Matt was able to elaborate on his condition and it being why he hasn't been able to accept his junos.

When did he mention the Junos? All i heard was something vague about it in the intro. Matt has always said he doesn't show up to Junos because he basically thinks its crap, which it kind of is. Look how much Nickelback cleans up every year for pete's sake.