Sensory Overload

Favorite Matthew Good Song?

A bit late weighing in my .02 in on this,

Since LOES came out, Non populus has been my most played MG song and truly awesome seeing him play it live on the LOES tour.

Honorable mentions to

While we were hunting rabbits

Single explosion

Weapon

Annabelle

Everything is automatic which holds a special place as the song that hooked me onto MG all those years ago.

Tripoli

A bit late weighing in my .02 in on this,

Since LOES came out, Non populus has been my most played MG song and truly awesome seeing him play it live on the LOES tour.

Honorable mentions to

While we were hunting rabbits

Single explosion

Weapon

Annabelle

Everything is automatic which holds a special place as the song that hooked me onto MG all those years ago.

Tripoli

I was also hooked by "Everything is automatic". I kept hearing it on the radio and I never knew who sang it until one night at a party I heard it playing in the next room. It was actually the TV playing the video and I thought "cool, I'm finally gonna find out who sings this, so I can buy the album the next day". When the end credit read "The Matthew Good Band" I laughed and said "Really?, what an uninspiring name". Looking back now, his music that I have followed over the past 18 years, is the most inspiring I have ever listened to. I remember where I was and what I was doing when Lennon got shot, and I remember where I was and what I was doing when I first heard (saw) the name Matthew Good.

• Upvote 1

The answer to this question has changed over the years. right now my favourite song is Native Son, will that change in the future? Probably. Is it bad that we have so much trouble picking a favourite song? Fuck no, it just means that there's too much awesome shit to choose from.

edit: fuck ok I have to add The Boy Come Home, listening to this song, reading the lyrics.... it was the first time a song ever made me cry.

Edited by IamNick

Guest Bimbly

No order...

Invasion 1

My Out Of Style Is Coming Back

The Workers Sing a Song of Mass Production

Annabelle

Born Losers

The Boy Who Could Explode

A Silent Army In The Trees (demo)

Vancouver National Anthem

In A Place of Lesser Men

Hello Time Bomb

Guest Bimbly

Oh! Holy cow. I forgot all about Loser Anthems. That's probably my favorite MG/MGB release.

I'd remove Workers for Flight Recorder from Viking 7, for sure.

For sure a difficult task to choose just one.

Born to Kill is epic.

Blue Skies is powerful and this it was recorded in one take is really cool.

Going All The Way for its amazing bridge (dreams of the seas)

GIANT for its awesome beginning

Raygun for its underratedness.

It's funny to look at the last time I responded to this topic I wrote Native Son and The Boy Come Home, although if I answered now I would say I Miss New Wave and Weapon. The guitar coming in after the intro to Weapon is just so damn good.

Edited by IamNick

I will top 3 this for both the band and solo... it's the only way possible for me.

Matthew Good Band

1. Sort of a Protest Song
  2. Giant
  3. The Workers Sing A Song of Mass Production

Matthew Good

1. House of Smoke & Mirrors
  2. Blue Skies Over Bad Lands
  3. Non-Populus

I'm pretty sure if I ever heard a full acoustic or band demo or whatever of Kiera-Anne it would make my top 3 for sure.

Edited by here is no why