Sensory Overload

Favorite Matthew Good Song?

Looking back on my old picks I can see that my tastes have changed. Now I'd be more inclined to say that Zero Orchestra or Non Populous would be my pick(s) for his solo work, and for MGB I'd probably say Prime Time or Change of Season.

I completely agree. No matter how I'm feeling or what kind of day I'm having there's always a MG/MGB song that I can listen to or get stuck in my head. Or even songs I'll forget about then hear again and just be into it like it's the first time hearing it. Not many artists or bands can do that for me.

Been lurking on this board for years.........and after suffering through countless "Matt who???" responses on the other message boards I frequent when trying discuss anything pertaining to Mr. Good, I finally decided to bite the proverbial bullet and register here.

And so, this seemed as logical a thread as any for my first post.

Favorite Matthew Good song of all time you ask?  (drumroll please.....)

While We Were Hunting Rabbits

So, so, so many other obvious choices, but this is my goto 'midnight' drive song even after all these years.  They lyrics and vocal speak to me in a way that few other pieces of recorded music ever have.

This is my favorite Matthew Good live YouTube video of all time. Whoever shot that, well done. It is timeless.

One of my least favorite songs of his entire collection turned out to be best one.

Edited by girl

Back in 1999, it was Apparitions. That one still holds a special place in my memories. Still has one of the better music videos I've seen. Then the favourite was either Suburbia or Strange Days. Now I think Avalanche sits atop the heap. Amazing how favourites seem to come and go with age.

Guest Idioteque

I can listen to "I Miss New Wave" 20 times in a row. The chance of hearing that song live during a Beautiful Midnight concert would be a dream come true.