Vance

Canadian Acoustic Tour

Will Matt be doing an acoustic tour in Canada? Do we know at this point?

Also, does anyone else think it a great idea for him to tour with his pianist? I think an "acoustic" tour with him and the pianist would be deadly. Just putting it out there.

If I remember correctly, I think Matt hinted at a Canadian acoustic tour in the Fall.

Concerts pay the bills. :)

Edited by girl

This morning, CJAY92 accidentally leaked info about an upcoming concert in Calgary(?) or Alberta(?). I think they mentioned the Tragically Hip, Spirit of the West, and Matthew Good. I didn't catch what concert they were talking about. I wonder if it's during the Stampede or something.

I could see Matt playing Calgary Folk Fest again- Spirit of the West would fit in there and the Hip would be a huge draw as always. Hell, Tori Amos and Chumbawumba have played Folk Fest so it's possible.

Like I said before, he will do another acoustic tour sooner or later. He has too much fun playing acoustically, and because he only had to pay a handful of people, it makes sense financially. Mostly it's the fun I imagine.

Yup, that's entirely possible. Or maybe the Coca Cola Stage at the Calgary Stampede?? It is the Calgary Stampede's 100 year anniversary after all. I hope they step up the calibre of the bands this year to celebrate it.

Yeah, he's seems to have a lot of fun doing the acoustic shows. I enjoy going to them.

It would be perfect timing if he performed at the Calgary Stampede this year. Now that Matt's family has a barn full of baby farm animals, they could swap stories with the farmers showcasing their animals in the Agricultural barn. I think it would be a win-win situation all around. Don't you think? :)

They've showcased many types of farm animals over the years. You name it: sheep, llamas, goats, horses, baby chicks, pigs, buffalo, miniature horses, cows. I can't think of anything else.

I would be quite happy to see a Canadian solo tour. Had the good fortune of getting to see that Zaphod Beeblebrox show in Ottawa all those years back and haven't gotten to see him acoustic since. I still get a kick out of when he was playing Apparitions after going on a rant about Tyrone Bigguns "I smoke rocks!" skit, he forgot the 2nd verse lyrics and blamed Tyrone for distracting him before hitting the chorus. Pretty hilarious.

That would be cool to see him play acoustically with a piano back up, though. Hey, why not throw in a cello or something as well. That could be interesting.