adam_777

Definitive List Of Matt Good Discography

There are so many demos, B-sides rarities alternate recordings and such its hard to keep track of, is there anyone who has a definitive list that they could post? I know the lyrics section has lots of information, But it is missing a fair amount from what I can see, and I'm sure there is more that I've never even heard of. I don't even know what songs I've never heard because there are so many out there and no real definitive checklist to use. The stuff on albums is obvious, But I'd like a list for the things not directly on any commercial album. All the Itunes bonus tracks, b sides, rarities, studio cuts, alternate takes and demos. Does anyone have this info?

And if they do, I'm sure that we would love to add it to the lyrics section.

Though honestly, most of the rarities are demo tracks... and I don't know if they really deserve a place... they are more windows into the process than fully formed artistic works.

Well, precisely because most of those things were fleeting. Matt himself stated that they were mostly ideas.

The term "Demo" is disingenuous with an artist that doesn't require them. Being that the demo was historically a track shopped around to record companies in the hopes of producing a deal. Those usually were somewhat complete, albeit shitty quality.

B-sides I can understand. I don't believe Matt produces that many of them anymore. It is my understanding he is in sufficient creative control of his work the he writes an album, and doesn't get tracks cut from it. I don't believe that has happened with his most recent albums at least.

All of that being said, if people want to do the leg work on these song iterations, I'm sure we can find a way to represent them.

haha true enough.

For most of the older albums it seems like the b sides are listed like "all together" and "pony boy" from AoB

But there seem to be quite a few mentioned around here from the last couple of albums and some of them aren't in the lyrics section...if the lyrics are hard to make out would it be possible to post just the title and leave it unclickable. I just think having one page with as many known songs as possible would help people to know what they might be missing. I just found out about all together like 2 days ago, dont know how I missed it, but I'm sure there are others who have never heard of many of those songs.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as I said, I don't think there were actually b-sides from recent albums. There weren't tracks he recorded that got cut or never made it. Maybe my definition of a b-side is too stringent.

While I'm feeling pedantic. Technically songs that were never released on a disc aren't entitled to be part of a dicography... though I think we are uniformly in agreement that we are talking about the complete "catalog"... which I would say includes any songs that could be reasonably performed (still would likely exclude the stuff that came out during the making of "Vancouver" and "Light of Endangered Species")...

Edited by ToadMan

Yeah more than likely I am using the term B-side Incorrectly, I am referring to any song that is a complete song that is a stand alone song. I realize many songs were partial and then later changed into other songs. Of course that opens up debates on songs that used the same lyrics, But were two completely different musical pieces. In regards to the last 2 albums, I would say songs like "Life In spite of Itself" "Darlin'" and "Die Like Kings" are some of the ones I've heard that stand on their own as songs. I know Matt posted snippets of songs as they were being created, But those are really incomplete, and were either finished, abandoned or altered. Its harder to explain then I thought it would be, I'm mostly just hoping for a list compiling everything into one place, we could debate on how to sort certain songs on that list, But I think it'd be a good reference point for anyone wanting to explore beyond the cd tracklists.

Hello there!

It's been a while since i was active here. I'm very sorry.

Lately I found a video showing Matt's demoing process using GarageBand. I never heard this song before. Searching nearly the whole web for it I couldn't find it. Maybe some of you could know it.

To me it is a mind blowing sound and I can't get it out of my head.

The main part of the lyrics sound to me like: "You're gonna walk like that..."

Does anybody know this song? I would be quite happy if Matt finished it or puts parts of the chorus and/or riffs in his new album which already seems to rock!

Thanks in advance

Hello there!

It's been a while since i was active here. I'm very sorry.

Lately I found a video showing Matt's demoing process using GarageBand. I never heard this song before. Searching nearly the whole web for it I couldn't find it. Maybe some of you could know it.

To me it is a mind blowing sound and I can't get it out of my head.

The main part of the lyrics sound to me like: "You're gonna walk like that..."

Does anybody know this song? I would be quite happy if Matt finished it or puts parts of the chorus and/or riffs in his new album which already seems to rock!

Thanks in advance

That's an awesome song I wished was finished, but I think it it lived and died on Matt's computer. A lost demo we probably never hear in complete form other than what's in that video.

However, we could peitition Matt to release whatever version he has of it.

Edited by Moonlight_Graham