blackbird1

What Is The Value Of Loser Anthems Today

While surfing ebay today I came across 4 copies of Loser Anthems, two of them still sealed. I immediately wanted a sealed copy but had to stop and ask myself why? I already have an opened copy that I bought when it was first released. I think I wanted it for what it was then and not what it is today. I used to cherish my copy because it was numbered and somewhat rare but my feelings changed when all the songs were released on "In a Coma".

Obviously it is the music itself that is important, I am just wondering who else feels a little cheated in owning a real copy of Loser Anthems??

it's worth very little. i had a sealed copy hanging around for years. decided to open it and have matt sign it because on it's own it was not holding any value since in a coma came out. even now that it's signed it is likely worth less than what i bought it for about 5 years ago.

Yeah, I mostly wanted to hear peoples thoughts on Loser Anthems today since it is a limited edition item that is no longer limited. In the end I cant justify it to myself to purchase the sealed copy off ebay because it doesn't hold the same appeal that it once did. Now if It was a blue copy I know that I would feel differently; but again I must ask myself why?

I've always enjoyed owning physical copies and originals. Just something about being able to hold in my hands that makes it seem like it's worth more to me. The fact that it was on In a Coma and that I already owned In a Coma didn't bring the sense of actually owning those songs to me. I then found a Red copy at a local shop for 20$ and bought it for my Dad for Christmas (along with one of Matt's books). When I was holding that copy in my hand it felt as if I really did have those songs. That to me was worth the 20$. But then again, that's just me.

Edited by LostAndFoundAndLostAgain