adrianf74

This Friday's Nxne Show To Be Broadcast On Siruis Xm

Don't know if anybody here has access to Sirius XM but apparently this Friday's free NXNE Toronto show is being broadcast on Siriux XM Channel 151 (IIRC). I know Sirius has presented artists before on the Friday and broadcast their shows and have heard this during a radio promo on a local rock station.

Does anybody here have Sirius XM and can they record it to a digital recorder/computer/etc.? I'm torn between going to this [only Toronto date this year] and Big Sugar in Burlignton [only Ontario date this year from what I've been told].

PM me if you can do this.

Thanks,

Adrian

I have access to XM radio. It looks like I have channel 151 (The Verve). Thanks for telling me about it!

I just saw this on http://www.thevergeo...e.com/index.php

It says: In Concert Matthew Good

LIVE TO AIR: June 15th starting at 7:00 pm (that's Eastern time right?)

I have an option on my portable xm radio to schedule recording. I can set it to record the show on Friday at 7 pm, if you want. Maybe in the near future, I can record it to a digital recorder. I've never done that before though. We'll see.

Edited by girl

Anyone can sign up for a free Sirius XM or XM Radio trial with nothing more than a name and email address. The American version (I'm American) apparently doesn't stream The Verge online but the Canadian trial of XM Radio does. I'll give recording a shot but the more people trying, the better.

(And yes, it is EST)

You were totally right, Zukiki. It started at 9:30 eastern time on XM radio. I'm listening to it right now and recording it. What an awesome, awesome concert. Wish I was there. It sounds great.

Edited by girl

Guest Bimbly

The mix was strange in person-- mostly all drums and not much guitar until the solo of Non Populus. No mark on Matt though, he sounded great.

He played Hello Time Bomb, Future is X Rated and Load Me Up in a row. It was so great but all of the bro's around me started air guitaring and shouting and one of them was wearing a bud light baseball cap. Don't besmirch my love of Beautiful Midnight with your embarrassing behavior, brahs. The Lights tracks sounded very good, too- I'm not one to throw on Zero Orchestra necessarily, but it came across great live!

Here my upload too using a digital recorder:

http://dl.dropbox.co...as%20Square.MP3

I hope it's okay. The sound may be low as a default, so you may want to adjust the sound speaker levels on your desktop.

Setlist: 01:20:01

Giant

Last Parade

Born Losers

Alert

Shallows Low

Zero

Time Bomb

X-Rated

Load Me Up

Non Populus

Apparition

Weapon

Champions (I don't think they did this song)

Automatic

I love the keyboard playing at the beginning of Weapon. It is so beautiful.

Edited by girl

I also recorded the opening act Eight And A Half. They were surprisingly very good. I never heard of them before. I was very impressed. If anyone wants me to upload it, let me know. I can post it in this thread if you want.

Edited by girl

Huge thanks to nmf for the tip on the XM app. Ended up on a road trip, and spent most of the drive listening to the show through my phone. (Yay for decent 3G coverage.) Just awesome.

Btw - does anyone know who played drums for Matt? I haven't been able to find any decent pictures or video, but, from the little I've found, it doesn't look like Ian (or Blake). (It looks/sounds like a harder hitter than either.) He sounded really good - but I noticed some of the (minor) fill changes that made me wonder if it was someone else.

Is this a recording of the XM radio stream or did you record it while in attendance at the actual concert?

Thanks to you and nmf for the uploads, I nominate you 2 for NF'ers of the Month!!

I recorded it on my portable XM radio. I played it through my computer speakers and re-recorded it using my digital recorder.

I read on Matthew Good's facebook that Pat backed him up on drums.

It sounds like nmf's version is 10X better. My favorite song Weapon has a skip on my version, but nmf's version is crystal clear. Thanks for the upload, nmf!

Edited by girl

Guest jjazz

Huge thanks to nmf for the tip on the XM app. Ended up on a road trip, and spent most of the drive listening to the show through my phone. (Yay for decent 3G coverage.) Just awesome.

Btw - does anyone know who played drums for Matt? I haven't been able to find any decent pictures or video, but, from the little I've found, it doesn't look like Ian (or Blake). (It looks/sounds like a harder hitter than either.) He sounded really good - but I noticed some of the (minor) fill changes that made me wonder if it was someone else.

It was Pat Steward on drums. For those who don't know, he was Matt's drummer dating from the beginning of his solo work, with Hospital Music being the last album he recorded on.