cman

Matthew Good Collectors

Havn't really seen a topic about Matthew Good collectors so I decided to start one. Might be a good place to help each other out, complete peoples collections, post ebay links or trade items. As a starting point here is my music collection via photobucket. It is pretty complete except for some demo tapes, if you see or know of anything I am missing please let me know. Also, if you have any questions regarding any items in my collection please ask.

http://s1107.photobucket.com/albums/h384/Center1ce/Matthew%20Good/

Sub albums on the right hand side by album.

It's so cute when new members think this community actually still has members passionate about MG...

Ironically I think a thread in this vein was what got me signed up onto this board all those years ago.

Not a new member to this site, just haven't had anything really worth posting over the years. Thanks for the wonderful welcome, maybe people would care more if they wern't insulted when they post.

I remember that Night Opus white pamphlet. It was a story missing from "At Last There Is Nothing Left to Say" book, right? It sure is a collector's item now. I gave mine away long time ago. I also sold a lot of my MG stuff, including the Avalanche Vinyl, an Avalanche poster, and "At Last There is Nothing Left to Say" book, for practically nothing. All proceeds went to the Red Cross during the 2004 tsunami, if I recall right. What an incredibly dumb move. I should have kept all of it. I'm kicking myself now...

I have some stuff in my Matthew Good collection now that I really like:

• A green military jacket signed by Matt. On the back of the jacket, there is a picture of a tank. On the front, there is little patch sewn on it that says "MG 1995-2005" and there is a Canadian flag on it. These military jackets actually came from people who served in the military. What a cool and unique idea.
  • black "matthew good in a coma 1995-2005" pin, green matthew good pin with a tank on it
  • signed Lights of Endangered Species lithograph with my name personalized on it
  • signed lithograph of Matt's self portrait that he painted
  • signed In A Coma sticker with the bunny on it
  • signed CD covers

I remember that Night Opus white pamphlet. It was a story missing from "At Last There Is Nothing Left to Say" book, right? It sure is a collector's item now. I gave mine away long time ago. I also sold a lot of my MG stuff, including the Avalanche Vinyl, an Avalanche poster, and "At Last There is Nothing Left to Say" book, for practically nothing. All proceeds went to the Red Cross during the 2004 tsunami, if I recall right. What an incredibly dumb move. I should have kept all of it. I'm kicking myself now...

I'm not too sure where that Night Opus is from, I found it on ebay a few years ago and didn't know it existed before then. Does anyone know the history behind it?

A few items up on ebay:

Beautiful Midnight - 14 track Advance Promo CD (2 copies, one in better shape than the other)

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/MATTHEW-GOOD-BAND-Beautiful-Midnight-14-track-ADVANCE-PROMO-CD-Album-2000-RARE-/360464842387?pt=Music_CDs&hash=item53ed60fe93

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/MATTHEW-GOOD-BAND-Beautiful-Midnight-DIFFERENT-TITLED-TRX-DJ-ADVNCE-PROMO-CD-/350537289038?pt=Music_CDs&hash=item519da68d4e

Beautiful Midnight German Promo

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Matthew-Good-Band-EUROPEAN-Ltd-CD-Album-Beautiful-Midnight-Blue-Sleeve-Edition-/310407458201?pt=Music_CDs&hash=item4845b9ed99

Hello Time Bomb - 2 track German Promo CD

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Matthew-Good-Band-EUROPEAN-Ltd-2-Track-CD-single-Hello-Time-Bomb-Info-2000-/310407458204?pt=Music_CDs&hash=item4845b9ed9c

Lot of Autographed CD's

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Lot-4-Autographed-Matthew-Good-Band-CDs-Loser-Anthems-Underdogs-Raygun-LotGA-/120932888419?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item1c28296f63

All the other albums seem to be on ebay as well as the more common vinyls (Vancouver and Lights) as well as a signed acoustic guitar (which i personally value less as it is a new guitar signed by Matt not a guitar played and signed by Matt).

From what I remember, there were two manifestos that were supposed to be in the book, Night Opus and one other, I forget which one, that didn't get printed and if you contacted Insomniac Press they'd send you out paper copies of them. I never did get them because I didn't care that much.

Yeah, Shane is right. You have a good memory! I think during one printing of the book, they made a mistake and forgot to print The Night Opus story. Yeah, I probably received my pamphlet in the mail, because I requested it. That pamphlet is a very rare item, so don't sell it like I did! I regret parting with it. You don't miss what you have, until you lose it.

Ok so The Night Opus & The Commoner's Guide To Suicide are the 2 stories that are in that pamphlet. On the back it says "This is a companion to the first printing of At Last There Is Nothing Left To Say, published by Insomniac Press". Guess it is self explanitory when you look at it. I guess this means I don't have an original printing of At Last There Is Nothing Left To Say as both stories are in there.

"Havn't really seen a topic about Matthew Good collectors so I decided to start one"

The main reason you don't see a topic like this is because the majority of MG fans don't like to show off or gloat about their collection, and of course you also have the childish "hahaha I have more stuff than you do!" bullshit on most collection topics. Btw how much you want for those demo tapes? I'll put down $400

I have some stuff in my Matthew Good collection now that I really like:

• A green military jacket signed by Matt. On the back of the jacket, there is a picture of a tank. On the front, there is little patch sewn on it that says "MG 1995-2005" and there is a Canadian flag on it. These military jackets actually came from people who served in the military. What a cool and unique idea.
  • black "matthew good in a coma 1995-2005" pin, green matthew good pin with a tank on it
  • signed Lights of Endangered Species lithograph with my name personalized on it
  • signed lithograph of Matt's self portrait that he painted
  • signed In A Coma sticker with the bunny on it
  • signed CD covers

I need to ask you a couple of things about one of the items you posted about. Probably will benefit us both. Don't worry, I am not going to pester you about purchasing anything.

I am still passionate about MG's music, but not as outwardly as I have been in the past. I think forums in general are a dying breed

sad but true. I miss meeting people on forums but it's becoming all old school now. I'm sure theres some hipster forum bursting at the seams though.