Outtahere

All Together And Pony Boy : Lyrics Questions

We never had any official lyrics for All Together or Pony Boy.

The unofficial lyrics read "A whole life to get perfect bliss". But I hear "A whole life to get perfectless" which I think is a pretty cool lyric.

Same with Pony Boy. The unofficial lyrics read "I breathe it's just a mistake" which makes no sense to me. I always thought it was "Our breed is just a mistake". Same with "And I'm a Pony Boy, I'm a Pony Boy". I thought it was "Down with Pony Boy, I'm a Pony Boy".

What do you think?

I breathe it's just a mistake, could be taking two ways. I should stop myself from breathing, cause I deserve to die. Or we're a mistake.

Not sure how that fits into the rest of the song, but....

Could it be the lyrics don't "fit" and that's why they're demos? it wouldn't be the first time MG's put a true demo out.

Dan #2: Both tracks were actually recorded for The Audio of Being and cut from the record in the months prior to the release. But the first official tracklisting for The Audio of Being had 14 songs including Pony Boy and All Together.

The versions that leaked back in 2004 were the unmixed versions not demos.

But given that both songs were officially released with In a Coma (Pony Boy on the CD and All Together as an iTunes bonus track) maybe he'd have an answer :)

prototypepariah: Yeah I though of that too. But the sentence itself doesn't stick for me.

A brief history: All Together was cut off because Matt felt it could have been better and that this song was captured much better with "I, The Throw Away". Pony Boy was demoed by Matt and Ian betweet Beautiful Midnight and The Audio of Being. When it was re-recorded for AOB, Matt felt he failed to capture the same vibe as the demo which I believe was lost.

Is there anyone who would be kind enough to point me in the direction of the mastered version of All Together? I'd also like to hear the rough mixes of both tracks if they're kicking around. I've heard All Together on YouTube and I'd love to use it in mixes.

The name Tips sounds very familiar from a past message board. Criterion Collection comes to mind for some reason. I don't know why. Hmm.... could you be this same person. He/she seemed like a very witty person... or maybe it was all a facade.

The name Tips sounds very familiar from a past message board. Criterion Collection comes to mind for some reason. I don't know why. Hmm.... could you be this same person. He/she seemed like a very witty person... or maybe it was all a facade.

No it was not me. I chose Tips as a reference to MG's username on old message boards like on runningforhome.net and nationofcool.com.

And I'm not MG :P

He better not be. I don't like the guy. He accepted kickbacks for himself when people clicked on a link on his website to buy Matthew Good Band CDs. He also took advantage of MG fans. He gave a big sob story and asked fans for money. He kept all the money for himself, of course. He was a devious and rotten person. I remember sending him a message once, and he signed off the message by saying "God Bless". So utterly fake. Just like him.

He better not be. I don't like the guy. He accepted kickbacks for himself when people clicked on a link on his website to buy Matthew Good Band CDs. He also took advantage of MG fans. He gave a big sob story and asked fans for money. He kept all the money for himself, of course. He was a devious and rotten person. I remember sending him a message once, and he signed off the message by saying "God Bless". So utterly fake. Just like him.

That stuff I was not aware of. I do vaguely remember a forum post on one of the many times the forums came back after going away saying he was done and all butthurt about something Matt had allegedly done in regards to site content. For me, I mostly just remember it as a pretty good place to get up to date MGB news.

Before he closed it, he got in a fight with Matt and said he was tired of babysitting a 30-something rock star. Whatever that means. If you ask me, I think he got himself in major trouble and wanted an easy out. Sorry for dredging up the past. I won't do it again. It's just that that guy ripped me off a lot of money and wasn't even kind enough to offer a refund. That's just the type of person he is. He only thinks of himself, and his priority in life is making a quick buck. No wonder Matt didn't say anything about Tyler in the cafeteria line during the commentary of Carmelina. I wouldn't either.