NonPopulus

In Search Of All Together From In A Coma

Hey, everyone. A couple weeks ago I posted in another thread asking if anyone somehow had a copy of the mixed and mastered version of All Together from In a Coma (i.e., the one that came as a iTunes bonus track for pre-ordering.) I found the unmastered version of it on a hub, but I really need it, because I'm a completist and I also really want to use it in a mix I'm making for one of my friends. I really enjoy the song in its rough version, but it doesn't work properly in playlists with fully mixed tracks. I've been searching fruitlessly for it for a really long time now. I thought I'd let my post in the other thread ride for a while, because forum etiquette dictates patience when it comes to requests. Nobody even blinked, so I thought I'd try one direct desperate plea for some help. I've read people writing about it as if they've heard it, so it feels to me like someone out there must have it. If you know where I can find it, please help me. I'll be eternally grateful!

I've been searching fruitlessly for it for a really long time now.

You're not the only one.

Believe me - nobody here has it. I seriously doubt anyone here has even heard it (apart from maybe the 30 second preview on iTunes, assuming there one was available during the preorder period). We know it exists, and we know they sold it. There were mumblings in 2005 that somebody knew someone who knew someone who bought it, but nobody ever said that they had ever actually heard it themselves. (In fact, the somebody knew somebody story said that the person didn't want to share it because of what it cost to buy it and because of the copy-protection that iTunes had at the time.)

The problem was cost. When the album came out, you could get the physical CD with the DVD of the videos for about $20. If you bought the iTunes version, you got only the music on the two CDs (and in 128kbps format) plus "All Together" - and no videos whatsover - for $26. Everyone wanted the DVD - buying the iTunes version meant you were basically buying "All Together" for $26.

When I had the chance to talk to Matt in 2008, the only question I asked him was, "Could you ask Universal to put 'All Together' on iTunes." He was really nice about it, but it didn't sound like something that was going to happen (and didn't).

There's another version of "All Together" floating around that's a remaster (that I did) of the unfinished copy. That's probably as close to a "final version" as we're ever going to get.

• Upvote 1

Hey, I'm really grateful for a response to this. What you explained is sort of what I figured was the case. I know signed copies of the physical version were being offered in pre-orders. I had no idea the iTunes version cost nearly $30 though. That's pretty crazy. I was hoping that with this kind of fan base, we'd be able to unearth it somehow. I know Matt doesn't much care for the songs he discards, but some time down the line I hope he does a b-side/outtake retrospective of some kind, maybe as a gift to the fans, kind of like Rooms. I'm not holding my breath, but since his music is important to me, I'll throw it on my life wishlist with the other nearly imossible things. While we're on the topic, maybe you can help me with another question I have regarding the length of the iTunes version. The commonly shared rough one is 4:21, I believe. Mine is also 4:21 in length and Wikipedia lists the In A Coma version as 4:26. However, and this is a big however, this version, http://youtu.be/yE9ExFtBgtM, on YouTube is 4:26 and it was posted on April 14, 2008. The Wikipedia article was edited on October 11, 2010. I'm guessing the editor on Wikipedia simply used the YouTube video's length for the length of the track. I believe the video is just the rough version anyways, because the pop at around five seconds from the end of the track sort of belies the fact that it has some silence tacked on to the end. This is all just conjecture though. I guess I'm glad to have the song and all, but it feels like it was just within reach immediately before suddenly vanishing. It's a shame, because I love it and the changes to Pony Boy are interesting to warrant the attempt to find it. I guess I'll just have to quench my mind of it.

Edited by NonPopulus

I'm not sure if it will help, as my version is 421 in length but, to me sounds pretty clean. It's 99.9% whatever was floating around at the time of rooms online. But if you want i'll email it. Or upload it if someone has a site suggestion.

PM sent

Hi everyone - I've been searching for the official version of this song too and I just found it here:

http://ca.7digital.com/artist/matthew-good/release/all-together

It is 4:37 in length which looks longer than the demo versions I've seen. I was going to buy it but it looks like it's only available in the Canadian market and I'm located in the US. Are there any kind souls out there, who are also located in Canada, that could purchase this for me and I'll PayPal them $2 for a copy of the mp3?

• Upvote 1

Hi everyone - I've been searching for the official version of this song too and I just found it here:

http://ca.7digital.c...se/all-together

It is 4:37 in length which looks longer than the demo versions I've seen. I was going to buy it but it looks like it's only available in the Canadian market and I'm located in the US. Are there any kind souls out there, who are also located in Canada, that could purchase this for me and I'll PayPal them $2 for a copy of the mp3?

Wow, what a beautiful and haunting song. I can't believe I've never heard it before. I'm really out of the loop... so you can't buy this song on itunes because it is rare? If not, maybe I can help you out. I always like adding new tunes to my ipod. If someone teaches me how to put it up on the hub, maybe I can do that too. If I do purchase it, there's no need to paypal me... just glad I could be of assistance to a fellow MG fan in the US.

I seriously doubt anyone here has even heard it

man, i fucken jesus wish to fuck i hadn't been as naive as i have been, in regards to retaining mp3's. countless i could number, what i've let slip through different hardrives, assuming i'd get them again later; it's i guess the charictarisation i imparted, but fuck!

Edited by Dan #2

Just gotta say - YOU ARE MY HERO! This is an amazing find. I didn't realize at first that Universal uploaded this as a one-track single release, complete with artwork. It's definitely a lot different than the other mix. Some of the added orchestration is almost a bit creepy. The difference in length is because there's a tacked-on ending of some creepy calliope-esque music.

And, of course, for fun, you can now place it between "Mass Production" and SOPS and see if the pre-release track listing of AOB would have made sense:

http://www.chartatta...audio-of-being/

Edited by uglyredhonda

Just gotta say - YOU ARE MY HERO! This is an amazing find. I didn't realize at first that Universal uploaded this as a one-track single release, complete with artwork. It's definitely a lot different than the other mix. Some of the added orchestration is almost a bit creepy. The difference in length is because there's a tacked-on ending of some creepy calliope-esque music.

And, of course, for fun, you can now place it between "Mass Production" and SOPS and see if the pre-release track listing of AOB would have made sense:

http://www.chartatta...audio-of-being/

Yeah, this is a huge discovery for fans. The crescendo really flies on the fully mixed version. It had appeared this mix was lost forever. It's been eight years since In A Coma was released on iTunes and no sign of the song ever being released again past that. It definitely made my day, week, maybe even month. It's just so awesome to finally have this.

Edited by NonPopulus

Okay, I bought the mp3. Great song. Now what do I do?

You want to use a site, such as this one.http://www.megafileupload.com/ (there are a ton) to host the file, then copy and paste the link it provides either in this thread or in the MG upload thread in the lounge.

Done deal. We'll all appreciate it. Hopefully explaining this doesn't upset crusader or anyone else..if so my apologies.

Well, usafan is either (a.) way too busy to come to the Bored retrieve the free mp3 (b.) maybe this mp3 is available internationally and he/she was just too lazy to buy it, or (c.) this was a scam

It's all a big puzzle. I'm taking the link down now. It has been up for a while now. usafan can figure it out for himself.

Edited by girl

I'm located in the US, but after listening to the demo for years would love to finally get my hands on the proper version of song. I'm not comfortable sending financial info over a proxy network (which is what I'd likely have to do to make it think I'm browsing from Canada), so I'd appreciate a PM from anyone who might be able to assist.

Well, usafan is either (a.) way too busy to come to the Bored retrieve the free mp3 (b.) maybe this mp3 is available internationally and he/she was just too lazy to buy it, or (c.) this was a scam

It's all a big puzzle. I'm taking the link down now. It has been up for a while now. usafan can figure it out for himself.

Well, I sent it to usafan right after I realized that it was the finished version and I got a thank you message, so maybe that was it. Nonetheless, it is kind of mysterious that nobody could find this song for years and then out of nowhere, there's an online retailer selling it.

Well, I sent it to usafan right after I realized that it was the finished version and I got a thank you message, so maybe that was it. Nonetheless, it is kind of mysterious that nobody could find this song for years and then out of nowhere, there's an online retailer selling it.

Honestly, it may have been there for a while. Not sure why Universal never put it on iTunes (maybe they can't because it was used as a pre-order bonus), but 7Digital is so obscure that it wouldn't surprise me that nobody ever saw it.

Btw - there is a way for Americans to buy it, if anyone is so inclined. I'll post how in the lounge.

Either way, I'm happy to have been able to purchase it. I had no issue doing so and I'm in the US. Did it on my mobile and downloaded to my PC later, it was really easy.

I realize I have no posts, but I have been following the board for awhile and this was a really great find.

Wow, the ending on this version was really unexpected for me! But as a whole, this track is a great find, and I am very happy to finally own a copy of it. I just wish iTunes could have had it earlier, and I don't think the fact that it was a pre-order thing is the reason they removed it because many bands have put pre-order tracks on the album that have stayed when the album is released, but it seems more probable than anything else.

Honestly, it may have been there for a while. Not sure why Universal never put it on iTunes (maybe they can't because it was used as a pre-order bonus), but 7Digital is so obscure that it wouldn't surprise me that nobody ever saw it.

Btw - there is a way for Americans to buy it, if anyone is so inclined. I'll post how in the lounge.

It has a 2005 release date, but I thought that somebody special might have had a hand in making this all happen. Maybe I just want it to be that way. Haha.