daniel_v

Mg(B) Tribute Album- Youtube?

Hey everyone, been a looooong time since I've been on here. Came back for old times sake today, and was looking around at old threads, and came across two MG(B) tribute album threads that were started but never finished. One was from 2006 and another from 2008. Some people were able to finish covers and others weren't, but the original idea of creating a permanent page where they could all be viewed never quite materialized (or if it did, it didn't last very long).

Anyways, I thought I'd start a new thread to see what, if anything, people thought about trying to create a new page for covers to be uploaded, possibly on youtube (mainly because you don't have to worry about the page being deleted or the songs getting lost). There are already some great covers up (and some not so great ones) which could just be playlisted, but I also always liked the idea of having covers from people on the board here mainly because of the community aspect. So yeah, just curious if anyone would be up for the prospect. Likiewise, if anyone has any other ideas on the subject (such as suggesting somewhere else other than youtube) please feel free to share.

Yes, that was my Deal! A fistful of songs are on my Audiotapes and They are all stuck on my old ancient Tapes.

Youtube is a good way to publish them. And to make videos of them also. Brilliant idea to finish them.

In 2004 I was able to record all that stuff on my own, 2012 I am able to pimp up this Demos for the internet.

Sadly, I am not native english speaking. But am really interested in Matthew Goods music. Please do not expect too much from me in answering to Forum Threads.... I can not read beetween the lines.

Cheers from rainy Hamburg

Goodbanding

beautiful :-)

This is awesome.

different but keeping MG's essence... I like them!

https://soundcloud.c...good-band-cover

8 Songs recorded in the comfort of my livingroom A87, mixed and engineered by Jens Kürsten.

I know it's not allowed but .... everything is copyrighted. This is Matts Music in another interpretation.

Emma, nice covers. Really enjoying listening to them, also kinda cool that you have a few covers up of the new album.

Thanks! I actually have one of Advertising on Police Cars going up soon too. Matt is my favourite artist to cover, though sometimes as a simple guitar player the chords aren't always in my favour.

I sang some harmonies (not on stage) during the sound check tonight. That was fun.

I don't know if this person is a forum member but this is an amazing cover imho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wy5SAstDk4c

That guy was really belting out Apparitions. Nice voice. I like all of the little hand gestures ("turn the wheels", "suicide", "no good-bye", "are we leaving") and how he put extra emphasis on "guts". Nice touch.They look like they're having a good time.

I have a playlist of Acoustic Matt Good covers on my SoundCloud it's

https://m.soundcloud.com/emmit643/sets/matthew-good-covers

I heard your cover of 'In a World Called Catastrophe'. That was nice. Is there another song I should listen to?

I heard your cover of 'In a World Called Catastrophe'. That was nice. Is there another song I should listen to?

Strange Days is my most played one I think. I also did All You Sons and Daughters, Moment, Kid Down the Well, Guns of Carolina and Apparitions.

And 99% of Us is Failure. My recording equipment was basically non existent till recently, so the older ones aren't as good a sound quality. But they have character haha

Nice singing Emma. I like 90% of Us is Failure and Kid Down the Well. I especially like the beautiful singing parts at 1:40, for example, of Kid Down the Well.

I will try not to post too much on here. So that pic on your soundcloud looks like you're singing in some kind of venue. Do you play at cafes and such? If so, do you sing Matthew Good covers? I have fond memories of sitting in trendy cafes/lounges in Vancouver and watching singers perform on their acoustic guitars. I loved every minute of it and would do so again in a heartbeat. I have never seen a band or anyone play Matt Good covers in Calgary. If the opportunity arose, I would so be there. If you ever came to Calgary to play a shindig, I would check you out for sure.

Edited by girl

I will try not to post too much on here. So that pic on your soundcloud looks like you're singing in some kind of venue. Do you play at cafes and such? If so, do you sing Matthew Good covers? I have fond memories of sitting in trendy cafes/lounges in Vancouver and watching singers perform on their acoustic guitars. I loved every minute of it and would do so again in a heartbeat. I have never seen a band or anyone play Matt Good covers in Calgary. If the opportunity arose, I would so be there. If you ever came to Calgary to play a shindig, I would check you out for sure.

Yeah! I've had a couple shows in Ottawa, and I play at open mics as well. I actually used to host an open mic, which gave me ample opportunity to perform. And I LOVE performing Matt Good songs. Some of my favourites to do. 

If I'm ever in Calgary I will definitely hit up a stage there. I love performing in cities that aren't my own and to a new audience!

I hope this isn't out of turn or anything, but my fiancee and I spent New Years Eve at home having a quiet one (she's a bit under the weather) and I managed to convince her to record a cover of Apparitions with me. She's quite shy about her voice so it took some doing. If you fancy checking it out it's at https://soundcloud.com/user-125460458-529643579. Happy New Year all!

You fiancee has the voice of an angel. That made my day. Nice guitar playing too. She should put more Matthew Good covers on soundcloud.

And Emma, your friend has mad guitar skills. That was pretty good.

Edited by girl

You fiancee has the voice of an angel. That made my day. Nice guitar playing too. She should put more Matthew Good covers on soundcloud.

And Emma, your friend has mad guitar skills. That was pretty good.

yeah he's crazy good at guitar. he plays entirely by ear. I decided I'd go through the videos and find the other MG covers for you guys, in case you didn't want to sift through the 750 videos he recorded in 2015 lol

Here's In a World Called Catastrophe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNsO_ADpLCo

Alert Status Red: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6xJttjq6Hc

usually when he does this one, he actually starts out with Weapon and leads into Alert. But for the video he just did Alert.

Guns of Carolina (which he learned specifically for me. Back when there was no tabs/chords out for it and the album had just come out, he gave it a listen and wrote down the chords for me so I could play it. #waybetterearthanme ) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuLSOZyEEr8

and finally Hello Time Bomb. Although he does sing "give me your love, i got me a love" ...but whatever I guess :P https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuLSOZyEEr8

Trying to get him on board to learn a few more

Good stuff. 

I don't think the last link is Hello Time Bomb though. I liked In a World Called Catastrophe the best. It was upbeat and lively. If he played Matthew Good covers at an open mike night in my town, I'd probably go see him.

Edited by girl