Young Grasshopper

Random Yelling

I yelled out a few comments during the first Matt Good acoustic show I ever went to, but they were song requests, plus they were songs that he had been playing on that tour, plus they were in between songs and not during. I flew up from NY to Buffalo to see that show and I was so effing excited you wouldn't believe. I don't know that I should feel sorry for that...I've seen him positively engage people who have yelled out in the same manor. The show I saw last year in NY when he was sick, I'm pretty sure he instigated most of the banter anyway.

I wouldn't ever consider yelling out during a song, especially a quiet song or during a quiet moment. Those people definitely suck.

Edited by Gomo

I forget what it is I yelled out during the Massey Hall live recording but you hear Matt responding with the "we're going to a well known destination my friend, nowhere" at the end of Hello Time Bomb. That's my claim to fame.

i random yelled once. at a small club in vancouver at the plaza of nations played a band called limb lifter. they literally ran out from behind the stage, picked up their gear and started going at it. the first song was horrible, they were way out of sync and i yelled something to my friend... it couldn't have been worse timing because i had raised my voice so he could hear me over the loudness, but right as i started saying it they finished, so literally the song ended and the first thing everyone in the place heard was "THESE GUYS SUCK!"

anyways, fast forward about 6 or 7 years and I'm at a party. there's this guy there and we're getting along swimmingly. I sort of recognize him, but it's dark and we've been drinking for a while. We end up going to his place which is a couple doors down and sure enough its ryan dahle. i'm like "dude, i have a confession" and as soon as i started painting the picture he's like "THAT WAS YOU!?.... AWESOME!"

I knew when I did it, that I shouldn't have, but it wasn't until I heard my shout on a you tube video of the performance, that I realized an apology was necessary.

If I was at the concert I would have been annoyed with you for doing that, but as an outside observer I find the juxtaposition quite hilarious as I imagine it in my head.

But good on ya for apologizing.

--------------

My worst story is when I was at a soldout MG show and the crowd was completely lame, virtually nobody was standing up (its a freaking rock concert!!) but just sitting in their chairs on their boring asses. So when Load Me Up came on everyone finally stood up but when it finished and Matt went into a slower song almost everyone in the crowd sat down again. Well bullshit on that, so I kept standing while everyone else around me sat, so I looked like an idiot of course and it was akward but fuck it, I refused to be lame. But then the woman sitting behind said "excuse me, are you going to sit down?", as she was all annoyed n' shit because I was blocking her view standing. I then asked her if she "bought tickets to rock concerts to sit in a chair all night?", and that shut her up. So that's my story of me being annoying to fans at an MG concert haha.

Edited by Moonlight_Graham

hahahhaa yeah. this is pretty much the "post your douchebag" thread, isn't it?

It's like one last chance to showboat a bad choice. Actually I'm surprised we can still squeeze out a little baloney into this thread. I am strangely amazed by the commitment to nonsense on this board and to be honest it's like having a little internet family.

It's like one last chance to showboat a bad choice. Actually I'm surprised we can still squeeze out a little baloney into this thread. I am strangely amazed by the commitment to nonsense on this board and to be honest it's like having a little internet family.

"showboat a bad choice" hahahha

i appreciate that it does seem like i'm one of the 'newer' members commenting hahaha, you guys were all here before me and i think this is my eigtch year :P

WOW! My post got removed.... apparently your not allowed to defend yourself in these forums.

I forget what you said so I dunno what to say but Crusader is our dictator and we are his minions. He pays the bills and we get the food and water in the form of words. So I guess you lost your din din. Also I'm just talking nonsense.

i appreciate that it does seem like i'm one of the 'newer' members commenting hahaha, you guys were all here before me and i think this is my eigtch year :P

You have more than twice the amount of posts I do so . well done sir. Also there were a couple years here and there that I didn't really say much here except maybe snoop around a bit.

yeah, i remember. vaguely - as in, i remember there being illness six or seven years ago?

hahaha. i talk to much everywhere... i wish my voice had a mileage-counter (odometer?)

that spiderman cancer pic was so appropriate though :P