ncguitarplyr

Least Favorite Matthew Good Song

The Boy Come Home. Really most of Hospital Music haha. I seriously only listen to the live versions in a playlist. It's vastly superior. Except the live version of Devil's In Your Details. I love that song but the live version is SOOOOOO SLOOOOOOWWWW gaaahhh

The Boy Come Home. Really most of Hospital Music haha. I seriously only listen to the live versions in a playlist. It's vastly superior. Except the live version of Devil's In Your Details. I love that song but the live version is SOOOOOO SLOOOOOOWWWW gaaahhh

I like The Boy Come Home, but completely agree with you on the live version of that song being far superior for some reason. Feel the same way about several of the slower Hospital Music era songs: Silent Army, Black Helicopter, and especially She's in it for the Money. There's something a lot more raw about those renditions, while the album takes sound too removed/constrained in comparison.

I'd say most of the songs I dislike are from Vancouver mainly "Us Remains Impossible" and "The Vancouver National Anthem".

Also, to me, a lot of songs off that record are too long like the beginning of Last Parade or the "chorus" of "The Boy Who Could Explode". But I do like the songs themselves.

On the flip side, it does contain two of my favourite MG songs ever which are "Volcanoes" and "Empty's Theme Park".

Geez, I like most of the songs mentioned in this thread :P

I suppose my least favorite is probably "Song for the Girl." Doesn't really do it for me, unlike most other MG(B) songs...

After reading the first couple of posts, I decided to ctrl+f to see if anyone had mentioned SftG, And as I started reading this post, I was like, "wow, this guy *totally* gets me" :huh:

Seriously don't remember posting in this thread...

• Like 1

Guest Idioteque

Man this is so tough. I disagree with most of the people on here, aka its hard for me to hate his songs.

Prime Time Deliverance ONLY because the lyrics:

"And in their tiny room

They eat Chinese food

And they don't call their wives

Cause the girl in the window is

Pressing her breasts

Up against the window pane"

Makes me wanna bang my head against a wall that he uses Window twice, it's lazy.

So I always sing it as:

And in their tiny room

They eat Chinese food

And they don't call their wives

Cause the girl in the other room is

Pressing her breasts

Up against the window pane"

To each his own though, but if you tried hearing it that way you wont be able to go back. Lol