Young Grasshopper

Mg Is A Cancer

I think this might serve as a better understanding on why some people pefer and connect to different types of music. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myers-Briggs_Type_Indicator I can't really guess Matthews type since I don't know him personally but if I had to I’d say he may either be an ENFJ or an INFJ. I lean more towards INFJ because he's driven towards humanitarian work etc. They are a personality type that carry a great deal of weight on their shoulders due to what affects them the most emotionally. Often their carrier choices or goals fulfill their need to lessen suffering, stick up for the bullied, for example.

Even if I am wrong, this gives more realistic and logical sense to why one person would be interested in and be able to connect with his music. Certain personality types click better and others repel each other greatly, usually those who have the complete opposite personality. But it depends. For example, if MG happened to be an INFJ, then the complete opposite of him would be ESTP which is a very flamboyant and intense personality, I highly doubt an ESTP would listen or even like Matthew Goods solo music.

I don't believe in horoscope stuff because most of its based upon some kind of fantasy that our lives are affected by how the planets are positioned at the time. Even if someone does share the same sign, no one has the same birth chart unless you were born at the exact same time on the exact same day.

So personally, I don’t see much connection, or science to support the idea that one’s zodiac sign makes them more in tune to someone else’s music.

But that’s just my two cents. Feel free to challenge my point.

Of course we are talking about a principle of nature that may or maynot exist, and which requires belief instead of logic. That said, it's easy to say it's crap, just as easy to say there is no God because there is no proof of one. I'm not going to argue a belief of mine as if it were a fact or even worthy of a debate, I'm not that ignorant. However, I can't deny that I do believe in it, and no.... not that it dictates every thing that we are (as stated above). I simply think that a personality can be imprinted upon entry into a material universe that is still vastly unknown in its workings. I've had many experiences with different signs that bring about obvious patterns to those that wish to contemplate them. It's not about labeling people, or placing them into 12 categories, although that's exactly what it looks like. There are many types of one zodiac sign, and thats why I believe the Chinese have added an elemental layer to their system. not to sound narrow minded, but if you meet someone who is wearing a Bob Marley t-shirt, has dark skin, dreadlocks and is eating jerk chicken, you might assume they are Jamacan, but you can't know what part of the Island until you get to know them better. If I look, act, and feel like the Zodiac sign that I am, and see the same thing in others.... than it's red to me no matter how many tell me it's blue. My point is, I feel that Matthew Good is a Cancer, from everything I understand about Cancer personalities from my own journey. Don't have to agree, it's just what I believe..... it's one more reason why I enjoy his music the way I do.

Edited by Trisdin

Astrology is bullshit. wikipedia:

Scientific testing of astrology has been conducted, and no evidence has been found to support any of the premises or purported effects outlined in astrological traditions. Furthermore, there is no proposed mechanism of action by which the positions and motions of stars and planets could affect people and events on Earth that does not contradict well understood, basic aspects of biology and physics.

It's like believing that lightning is caused by Zeus getting angry. There is another explanation for your connecting to Matt & his music that can be explained by physics and by extension psychology.

Astrology is bullshit. wikipedia:

It's like believing that lightning is caused by Zeus getting angry. There is another explanation for your connecting to Matt & his music that can be explained by physics and by extension psychology.

while i agree, i don't think quoting from wikipedia is going to help the cause.

Some once believed that the world was round.... Crazy bastards.

some also believe in a talking snake, a man who walks on water, a single boat full of all the world's animals, a talking bush, a river of blood... etc

it sounds ridiculous if you really think about it, but it's easier to not really think about it at all.

seacrest out.

Edited by saturnine

So the patterns that people notice with astrology seem to me to be a lot like other weird patterns that occur because of time of year of birth. They don't have anything to do with the alignment of the planets though. You experience certain things in certain seasons and these have an impact and colouring on your world view. The same way that NHL hockey players are more likely to be born in January. It's a statical anomaly of the systems that exist.

The same way that NHL hockey players are more likely to be born in January. It's a statical anomaly of the systems that exist.

off topic, but: it's not NHL players, it's Junior hockey players, specifically Canadian ones. and it's not an anomaly, it's a direct affect of the cut off dates for registration in minor hockey, which is the last day of the year. When you're 8, 9, 10 years old, 7-11 months of maturity makes a huge difference. The kids born in January, February and March have almost a year on those born in October, November & December. they're bigger and stronger and more experienced. in hockey, if you're bigger and stronger you're given more opportunity to succeed and thus they are at a developmental advantage because they are given more opportunity to improve. by the time they get to major junior level, they have logged more ice time (i'm sure you're aware of the 10,000 hour "rule"?), have played on better teams with better coaches and given more connections... however, when it comes time to be judged against those who have made it as professional athletes, the sample size is much bigger and so is the talent pool, so their abilities become less impressive and the natural skill and vision become more important. essentially, your birth month can only get you so far, then the stars need to align ;)

"Anomaly" might have been the wrong word. Though in the sense that what is expected is that time in = success out. Gladwell's conjecture is that there are other factors, which you are illuminating.

I was drawing the analogy that the same sort of system could probably be at work as to why certain people born at certain times of year have certain traits.