Crusader

Arrows Of Desire

Corm, not only should you be able to get a physical copy in your neck of the woods, but it’s a double album over there. One disc is the new record, the other is a compilation of acoustic material. That version is due to be released in only a handful of European countries.

Also, I had no hand in any of the lyric videos at all. Label did them.

A Double LP? Can you share what acoustic tracks will be on it? Man, if that's the case, I'll need to import this to the US.

Props to the new label for the lyric videos. I thought the one for "Hey Hell Heaven" was especially strong, the weird monkey kid footage seemed like a perfect throwback to the MGB era.

I saw the tracklisting for the double-disc release in Europe on the U.K. iTunes. The first seven acoustic tracks on the second disc are from the In A Coma second disc while the last two tracks are live versions of Strange Days and True Love Will Find You In The End from the Live At Massey Hall album.

I can honestly say that with the 7 songs that have been released this is possibly his best work (in my opinion). It's so well-rounded, and while varied also has a common sound. Had It Coming is the one that sticks out as quite different, and it's also the song I don't like quite as much as the rest. It's a good song, don't get me wrong, but I think it's not representative of the rest.

Everything just seems so well thought-out and balanced in these songs. There's no empty spaces or repetition, everything just fits nicely.

Very good job!

I was starting to think I am getting old. Everything on the radio sounds the same, boring sequences over and over really doing nothing for me. Then I listen to these tracks and it gives me hope. I know living in the States it's unlikely I will hear these songs on the radio, but it does make me smile to know that people still are making great music. Incidently this may be Matt's greatest solo accomplishment. Amazing, great work.

• Upvote 1

Via Dolorosa is fucking fantastic, I can't stop listening to it. It's one of a small handful of songs that I have heard in my life that makes my hair stand on end and sends chills down my back.

Edited by IamNick

I was starting to think I am getting old. Everything on the radio sounds the same, boring sequences over and over really doing nothing for me. Then I listen to these tracks and it gives me hope. I know living in the States it's unlikely I will hear these songs on the radio, but it does make me smile to know that people still are making great music. Incidently this may be Matt's greatest solo accomplishment. Amazing, great work.

I'm only 25 but I feel the same way, I hate pretty much everything I've been hearing on the radio so I just don't listen to it anymore. It's forced me to look elsewhere for music, which is how I've found so many bands that I now listen regularly to.

I pre-ordered a signed copy from Maple Music and I got it in the mail today! I'm in the US and thought it would take a bit longer, so I was surprised to have it today. Anyone else get their copy?

Seriously?

**clocks out early to speed home and check mailbox**

I would be stoked. What shipping option did you choose? I probably wouldn't be so lucky being in the south but will defintely report back if it's already arrived.

Edited by mackie1023

I would be stoked. What shipping option did you choose? I probably wouldn't be so lucky being in the south but will defintely report back if it's already arrived.

I chose the USAExpedited option because it was trackable.

I did the same thing and I'm in the US, but nothing for me today.

The site says they don't start shipping the pre-order items until the day they're released.

I'm in NY, right on the border of Canada... I wonder if that had anything to do with it? According to the Canada Post tracking email I got, my CD was shipped out last Thursday.

Yeah, I hear you about the shipping. I don't normally pay extra for it, but since this was a signed copy coming from Canada and I wanted to be able to track it (just in case), I could go for the $3 extra this time.

I haven't had a chance to listen to the album yet. I have to drive somewhere tomorrow for a class so I will be listening then!

It is now available on itunes!

EDIT: itunes servers are really bogged down today according to my friend who works for apple/the fact that I am currently at 28(!!!!!) minutes remaining for the download.

I just grabbed it off Amazon MP3. Great stuff.

Fuck it, I was planning on having the first listen tomorrow with my bass amp, but I'm listening to it now.

If I'm ranking this by favorites after one listen:

Garden of Knives (this song is incredible)

Mutineering

Hey Hell Heaven (Garden>Mutineering>Heaven is one of the best three song stretches in an album that I've heard in a long time)

Arrows of Desire

Guns of Carolina

Letters in Wartime

We're Long Gone

Via Dolorosa

Had It Coming

So Close

Edited by AnOceanPearl