raygunner

New Fall Us And Canadian Tour Announced

So excited about the Cleveland show!!!!!!

I have seen him 2 out of the last 3 times he's played there, but I missed the full band show in "10".....

Can't wait buying my ticket Wed. It's a great venue and he always meets fans afterwards...If anyone is going to the Cleveland show let me know.

Two tickets purchased for the November 14 Edmonton show. The pre-sale options at Jubilee were surprisingly good and I was able to get front row/first balcony spots, something I usually have to try and get at the public on-sale.

I'll be at the New York show, as usual. Can't wait...

4 out of the 5 times I've seen Matt it's been acoustic, so these full band shows are definitely something special for me. I'm kinda sorta hoping he takes a couple of his more recent acoustic renditions and figures out a full band arrangement for them. Something we haven't heard in a while. How amazed and fucking amped up with the fans be if he played full band Strange Days, or Suburbia, or RABBITS? I'm pretty sure those haven't been played with a full band for a LONG time...and Rabbits never.

Just a thought/wish/dream :whistle:

Only tour date in Ottawa is at Bluesfest in July, no fall Ottawa tour stop. Do you people think an Ottawa date will be added for the Fall? Aren't Bluesfest sets only 1hr 15mins long (according to the Bluesfest schedule). That bites!!

From Matt's Facebook page: 3) Several dates have yet to be officially announced. They will be added to the tour schedule when they are, and updates will be announced on this page regarding them as well as at matthewgood.org. Hopefully Ottawa is part of that.

Ended up going with VIP again for the Vancouver show. Got row 5 seats, so that's something I can live with.

Only tour date in Ottawa is at Bluesfest in July, no fall Ottawa tour stop. Do you people think an Ottawa date will be added for the Fall? Aren't Bluesfest sets only 1hr 15mins long (according to the Bluesfest schedule). That bites!!

I'm hoping that it will be added, but perhaps just due to the proximity it might be overlooked, thinking those with a real interest will go to Montreal, Kingston or Brockville. As for Bluesfest, he has one hour slotted (7-8 pm) on the main stage; you can't go longer because the stage next to it starts at 8pm.

Joe,

I'll be at the NYC show in October as well...just bought tickets today. I haven't been to this board in a while...work's been really busy. Thanks for posting the zip file to the audio clips of his acoustic show in May. I couldn't make it to that show (unfortunately).

There also isn't a Victoria show scheduled for the fall right now, and Matt is playing the Rock the Shores festival in Victoria the day after Bluesfest. It's likely this is no coincidence. These shows very well could be added later (there is room for them on the schedule), but I'm not counting on it here in Victoria.

I'll be at Rock the Shores in a few weeks, I'm actually looking forward to seeing Matt play a high energy festival set (I've seen him in a theatre 3 times).

I've already bought tickets for Courtenay in the fall. It wouldn't be the end of the world if I didn't see him again on the fall tour, but if I didn't buy tickets for a show right away, I would probably change my mind later and end up with bad seats haha.

For other people in Victoria who want to see the fall tour, if you can make the trip to Vancouver mid-week, I'm sure it will be worth it. Historically Matt has always pulled out all the stops in Vancouver. I've had the pleasure of seeing him there once and it was awesome.

Anyone else not liking how they're doing the VIP packages this year? My ticket attachment was just a piece of paper saying bring this to the box office the day of the concert with photo ID to receive your tickets. There's no code or special identification of any sorts, not even my name. Might as well have just said bring photo ID no need for this stupid piece of paper. Also you pick up the bonus stuff at the meet and greet instead of it being mailed to you. Meaning you have to wait a couple months for the vinyl. Not a huge deal I just thought the whole thing was done a lot better with the Lights Of Endagered Species VIP packages.

I personally like that everything is being distributed at the meet and greet, seeing as I moved after my fiancee and I ordered tickets and had all that stuff shipped to my dad's in Calgary, and we're moving again next month. So to not have to worry about getting addresses switched up after the fact is a huge plus for me.

I bought a ticket to the NY show during the pre-sale and I was also prompted to pick up a ticket the day of the event at the venue. I'm not really a fan of that system. If I'm buying a ticket months in advance, just mail me a damn ticket stub that I can bring to the show. Having to pick it up is silly.

Edited by Gomo

According to the Twitter account of Milos, the band will be comprised of himself, Jimmy Reid, Anthony Wright, and Blake Manning on drums. They're starting rehearsals today.

I know Blake was on drums for the recording of LOES and most likely the new record, but has he toured with Matt before?

Got my Massey Hall tickets, debating whether to see the St. Catharines show. The Ontario shows don't seem to be part of the official tour but Gentlemen Husbands are the opening band. Will wait to see what the setlist looks like from the Bala show coming up.

Wow, I haven't been here in a while, anyways, I was at the Bala show on July 6, Pretty sure I got the setlist correct

Apparitions

Last Parade

Born Losers

Empty's Theme Park

Had It Coming

We're Long Gone

Load Me Up

The Future Is X-Rated

Alert Status Red

Hello Timebomb

Shallow's Low

Weapon

Giant

Champions of Nothing

Pretty solid show, the band sounded great

Going to the Windsor show tomorrow and will try to remember the setlist to post here. Was there new merch on sale in Bala? A bit disappointed that it's somewhat of a greatest hits show but since they didn't rehearse together for tons of time, it's more than understandable. (And really... I can think of A LOT worse than a greatest hits show.) I was hoping to hear more of the new record since I don't think I'll be able to afford a trip/tickets on the fall tour (getting hitched in September) but oh well. I'm just hoping that it's a good crowd so that Matt comes back here more consistently. (It's been 13-years since he came here with MGB because Windsor sucks and has almost no decent venues -- London is usually the furthest bands/artists go when heading to southwestern Ontario.)

Edited by DudeLove721