raygunner

New Fall Us And Canadian Tour Announced

Wow, I haven't been here in a while, anyways, I was at the Bala show on July 6, Pretty sure I got the setlist correct

Apparitions

Last Parade

Born Losers

Empty's Theme Park

Had It Coming

We're Long Gone

Load Me Up

The Future Is X-Rated

Alert Status Red

Hello Timebomb

Shallow's Low

Weapon

Giant

Champions of Nothing

Pretty solid show, the band sounded great

Marc! Hey, how have you been? I'll be at Windsor tomorrow, too. I'll keep an eye out for you and come up and say hi if I see you. I assume you are still with the same lady?

Marc! Hey, how have you been? I'll be at Windsor tomorrow, too. I'll keep an eye out for you and come up and say hi if I see you. I assume you are still with the same lady?

Indeed I am! I'll probably be wearing a Matt Good t-shirt of some kind, although the whole being a blind guy at the concert will probably make me more noticeable than the shirt will. Things are good btw, just been really busy planning the wedding and looking at apartments in the area. It'd be awesome if you came and said hi tomorrow! How're things with you?

Indeed I am! I'll probably be wearing a Matt Good t-shirt of some kind, although the whole being a blind guy at the concert will probably make me more noticeable than the shirt will. Things are good btw, just been really busy planning the wedding and looking at apartments in the area. It'd be awesome if you came and said hi tomorrow! How're things with you?

I'll find you. I still remember what you look like.

I'm so happy you guys are getting married and looking at apartments. Such an exciting and busy time.

I'm well. Going on 4 years of marriage and we decided to spawn. My daughter is almost 15 months old and she is absolutely adorable.

Well here is a fun problem for those in Buffalo/Niagara Falls area.

Matt is playing here on Oct 12.

Pearl Jam is also playing here on that same date.

Decisions, decisions.

Man, that'd be a no-brainer for me. Pearl Jam, then catch MG in St Catharine's or Hamilton.

That'll probably hurt MG's show a bit. However, PJ is so expensive now that it might price a lot of people out of going.

There is new merch, everyone was buying the sweet firebird mg logo shirt... including me.

And gentleman husbands are pretty solid, they sounded really good but I don't know why they played a cover of u2's with or without you.

Edited by Computer

Man, that'd be a no-brainer for me. Pearl Jam, then catch MG in St Catharine's or Hamilton.

That'll probably hurt MG's show a bit. However, PJ is so expensive now that it might price a lot of people out of going.

I seen Pearl Jam enough times to be satisfied, but it comes down to who my friends want to see. I may end up going to Matt Good alone.

come down to pittsburgh for the pearl jam show friday (1st show of tour) then see matt saturday. I am actually going to both Pearl Jam shows (or trying to) as they tour a lot less than matt and I hope to see Matt in Hamilton as well worse case scenario.

On another note: Is anyone recording any of these MG shows?

Here's the Windsor setlist, I'll edit this post with more information in the morning:

Last Parade

Alert Status Red

Born Losers

Non-Populous

Had It Coming

We're Long Gone

Load Me Up

The Future Is X-Rated

Shallow's Low

Black Helicopter

Apparitions

Weapon

---

Giant

I'm A Window

Being blind, I did not record this show btw -- if anyone did, please PM me? :)

It appears I can't edit my last post so here are some notes about last night's show:

It may have just been me but I thought Alert Status Red was a tiny bit slower than usual… nothing that really changes the song at all but I remember thinking this at the time it was being played.

Matt talked about his metal side-project (Pants Hammer) he mentioned on Facebook earlier in the day. Hilarity ensued, especially when someone in the crowd yelled out that he wanted to see (or hear) it. Matt responded that he did too and wished he could just stop the show to go work on it. Can't really do the banter justice here.

I'm not sure if it was the smaller venue or what but Non-Populous sounded absolutely amazing. I heard it in person when Matt played in London on the Lights Of Endangered Species tour, but this blew that version away hands down. I think the arrangement is slightly different, it's still longer than the album version but the last guitar build-up didn't seem to be played quite like it was on the last tour. The guitar part after the first big solo and before the "into the wilderness" section was modified a bit too, which allowed the crowd to join-in with some claps… it's hard to describe but it created a neat effect. (I just remembered this last part this morning.)

The crowd was really into Had It Coming. After the guitar solo, they added a part with just drums and the baseline pretty much. While this was happening, Matt got the crowd to sing the chorus -- it was really cool and added even more energy to the song.

We're Long Gone is played in a different key live. Other than that, it's pretty much exactly the same as the studio version.

Load Me Up always makes me think that it's going to morph into another song with the way the band jams in the middle -- last night's show was no exception. Crowd was really into this, as usual, and sang the MGM Grand verse.

Apparitions was performed in a different key, at least from the album version. I know it's not the same key the Massey Hall version was in either but can't say 100% if he's performed it in this key before. It really stood out so I don't think he's done so at any of the shows I've been to.

Aside from that, all of the songs sounded the same as they usually do live. It was a really great show, very loud and the crowd seemed to be into it. I was very pleased to hear Black Helicopter and I'm A Window as I wound up not being able to catch a full band show on the Hospital Music tour. Hopefully, Matt comes back to Windsor more often in the future!

Well here is a fun problem for those in Buffalo/Niagara Falls area.

Matt is playing here on Oct 12.

Pearl Jam is also playing here on that same date.

Decisions, decisions.

Yep. I was looking at both tour schedules last night trying to decide what to do.

Hope Bluesfest was great last night!

I'll be at Rock the Shores this evening, I'll post a setlist when I get back if it's of interest to anyone. I'm actually stoked to see Matt rock out in a festival environment and pump out the hits haha. Not to mention seeing Jimmy Eat World, 54-40, The Sheepdogs and City and Colour in the same day!

So I was at Rock the Shores in Victoria tonight as mentioned above. Unfortunately Matt didn't get on stage until 15-20 minutes after his scheduled time, which caused his set to be shortened. I'm not sure what caused the hold up, as I believe the band before (The Sheepdogs) ended more or less on schedule (maybe I'm wrong). Anyway here is what was played:

Giant

Load Me Up

Last Parade

Born Losers

Had It Coming

We're Long Gone

Hello Time Bomb

Non Populus

Apparitions

Before Apparitions Matt said "We've already had to cut one song from the set and now I've just been told this is our last song", to a chorus of boos and he seemed as annoyed as the crowd to me. He continued to say "When you get home just crank Weapon really loud". So I assume the planned set was identical to the Bluesfest set above, but they had to cut X-Rated and then Weapon.

This was very different than seeing Matt in a theatre of course. It was the first day of a sold out festival with 10,000 people there. It was great to see him play a more heavy, radio-friendly set, as I've seen the theatre shows a few times now. You can't help but notice that Matt and the band are more into than usual when you have an entire sea of people jumping and shaking their fists during the chorus of Time Bomb etc.

Matt followed a very intense and well-received set by The Sheepdogs, I had kind of thought the crowd around the stage would thin out a little for Matt, as it didn't seem to be his crowd and people might want to eat etc before City and Colour came on the day's headliners. I was wrong, the people who had made their way to the front held their ground and it only seemed to pack in tighter prior to Matt's set. Despite not looking like his crowd (a lot of people looked like they would be too young for MGB), the hits went over very well as the crowd tossed around giant beach balls and some idiots crowd surfed. Seeing people crowd surf to Apparitions reminded me of a comment Matt made in an interview (on The Hour) some years ago that he had changed direction from MGB partly because he was "tired of seeing people crowd surf to Apparitions".

Edited by Curtster

Matt, you do Alberta so proud!! Thanks for coming to Calgary. I was hoping in the back of my mind that you would do something like that, but did not think anything would come of it.

I volunteered today at Sisika Nation today through Samaritan's Purse and yesterday at High River though Mission Possible. It is pretty bad and nasty out there. In High River, we were cleaning out a man's garage and it was full of 3 feet of mud. Absolutely nothing in his garage was covered by insurance. Every nook and cranny of that garage was filled with mud and water. We also cleaned another residents' basement in High River. We arrived there 2 hours after the residents were given the first okay to enter their house. We were throwing all the stuff from their basement onto their front lawn. Wow, the stench of sewage on their belongings was so strong. You could even smell it with your mask on. We did the same thing in Sisika Nation: clearing out all the mud, drywall, 2x4s, insulation, belongings, TV, dryer, etc from their basement. I think their basement was filled with mud and water for a duration of 4 weeks before Samaritan's Purse was allowed to go in. Yesterday, there were garter snakes in the muddy waters in their basement. Thankfully, they were gone today. There was lots of black and green mold on the drywall we threw out. They also lost their horses and dog and cannot find them. They are very sad about that. They left a bowl of dry dog food outside the house, just in case their dog comes back. :(

I hope Alberta never experiences this again. It is very heartbreaking to see.

See you at the concert in August!

Edited by girl