FatsoJetson

Who Was The Opening Band For These Mg/mgb Shows?

Hi, I have a faulty memory and I'm hoping you can help me fill in some blanks. I'm looking for the opening bands for the following shows. I think The Dears opened at some point, and other shows had no opener.

Thanks!

April 21, 22, 2000 - The Vogue - Vancouver

June 23, 2000 - Curling Rink - Vernon

August 8, 2004 - The Element - Penticton

Sept 20, 2007 - Centre for Performing Arts, Vancouver

Nov 12, 2007 - Community Theatre, Kelowna

Nov 9, 2009 - Centre for Performing Arts, Vancouver

I think I remember that name Zuckerbaby. There's an asian guy on the band from Calgary and they're friends with Todd Kearns?

Nov 12, 2007 - NLX

I had to dive for that one. I remembered that Dala unexpectedly dropped off the tour early, but I couldn't remember who replaced them.

Zuckerbaby opened in Calgary in April of 2000, so it is likely they opened in Vancouver as well.

If this Zuckerbaby fan page (Angelfire, wow) is accurate, it looks like they only opened the Alberta shows:

http://www.angelfire...rbaby/news.html

Edited by uglyredhonda

I remember seeing Dala, and I haven't heard of NLX, so I think Dala did open that show.

Dala opened the September show, but were definitely off the tour by November. They dropped off right after the Ontario dates that year.

Btw - NLX sounds like a band, but was just the stage name of singer-songwriter Natasha Alexandra.

http://www.nearfantastica.com/news/new-opening-act.html

Right! I remember her now. She was a solo artist with a keyboard. Thanks for the reminder.

These are the only three left that I can't figure out.

April 21, 22, 2000 - The Vogue - Vancouver

June 23, 2000 - Curling Rink - Vernon

Thanks again for the help.

If we're being honest about it, I doubt many people recall Zuckerbaby at all.

Shame, they had some GREAT songs. Reed and andy worked at guitar works where I took lessons, I went and saw them at the Hard Rock Cafe back when it was still around. Both albums they did have good songs, and fantastic tones, they really put some effort into the recording of their songs.

Anyways, back on track, lol

Are you going to the flood relief concert, finboy? Over 25,000 tickets have been sold already. They are “very confident” the remaining few thousand seats will also be filled. It should be a good one! I am looking forward to it.

I agree. Todd Kerns is a stand up guy and all around nice guy. When I followed his music long time ago, he embraced his fans much like Matt does today. I'm glad he is doing well these days, playing with Slash. I wish him all the success.