Outtahere

Press And Interviews Starting!

Thanks Tips. Nice interview. He is a real family man now.

I remember Liza Fromer. She used to be a news anchor in Calgary when City TV used to be A Channel. She did a pretty good job as news anchor.

I noticed in that interview he mentions "after all that went down" with Stu. I always assumed it was cause Stu's band was starting to tour, etc. I hope they didn't have some sort of falling out! I always though Stu compliment Matt really well. Pretty cool to read that Milos has been with him the longest out of anyone, including with the band. He (Milos) always comes off as pretty genuine and funny as hell. Though, they all do. Met Anthony at an Apple store once. Man, he was so down to earth and humble.

I like that song a lot too, and I absolutey love the black and white video for it. It is one of my all time favorites.

Pretty cool to read that Milos has been with him the longest out of anyone, including with the band. He (Milos) always comes off as pretty genuine and funny as hell. Though, they all do. Met Anthony at an Apple store once. Man, he was so down to earth and humble.

It's good to hear that he surrounds himself with good people.

I noticed in that interview he mentions "after all that went down" with Stu. I always assumed it was cause Stu's band was starting to tour, etc. I hope they didn't have some sort of falling out! I always though Stu compliment Matt really well. Pretty cool to read that Milos has been with him the longest out of anyone, including with the band. He (Milos) always comes off as pretty genuine and funny as hell. Though, they all do. Met Anthony at an Apple store once. Man, he was so down to earth and humble.

Agreed, I'm hoping that all he meant was that Stu went off with his band, but you never know. Shame too, as much as I like Jimmy and his stage presence I will always miss Stu's distinct guitar sound. It made songs like Emptys Theme Park so much better (which I thought impossible considering how good the album version is).

Damn I hope he is serious when he says he wants to bust out Primetime Deliverance...Can't deny though, Champions of Nothing is much fun to play on guitar. Plus that guitar lead is ace. Always wondered if it was Bruno just noodling or if it was pretty much lifted from whatever demo Matt had.

I found what he wrote on his site about being on Tedx humourous, and kinda odd:

"TEDx was fun – interesting – and fun. To be honest, I don’t think I made a damn shred of sense. Not surprisingly, afterwards I spent more time than my talk speaking with Darrell Bricker of Ipsos and felt vastly more comfortable. Mine’s a strange existence."

I didn't think that interview was awkward. Maybe they don't have the whole thing up. I'm surprised they even interviewed him though. It seems they're mostly only into his old hits on that station, throwing in a new one very occasionally.

Edited by Manchalivin

I listened to it live, and haven't listened to the clip. However, she claimed that she was a huge fan, but hadn't even read a bio about him. She asked him about going to university, and he hasn't. It came across as weird in tone, I guess.

I am just glad they featured him and his music on the station. They only play the same three old songs, so that's all people who aren't more than a casual fan would know him for. It's a shame.

Guest Idioteque

That's pretty nice of him to say. One of the main reasons why I'm always on The Bored, warm, friendly atmosphere & there's always a discussion going on worth evolving.

It's good when an artist can keep up with the fans. I freaked out when Ian Thornley liked my comment on facebook, that guy replies to everybody!

Anton how is this not your hook up to a front row seat next month? haha.

Interesting interview with Matt on That Eric Alper's Show on SiriusXM channel 167. A member of Talk Talk (lead singer?) is married to Matt's third cousin?