Outtahere

Press And Interviews Starting!

The above statement is likely wrong. I had the volume really low when I heard the interview, so I wouldn't wake someone up.

Nope - you heard correctly.  :)

MG: "Mark Hollis of Talk Talk is actually, like, my fifth cousin by marriage. I didn't find that out until the late '90s. My mom went to England and stayed with relatives. And she called one day and said, 'You're a real big fan of that band Talk Talk, right?' I'm like, 'Well yeah, Mom.' I mean, I've got the gold record of their album The Colour of Spring on my wall. And she says, 'One of the guys is married to your cousin.' I'm like, 'What!?' Those last two Talk Talk records, Spirit of Eden and Laughing Stock, had a huge impact on everybody. They're considered the first two post-rock albums. You read interviews with Thom Yorke and he cites that as an influence."

http://www.torontosun.com/2011/10/07/matthew-good-reveals-love-of-jazz-ponies

Guest Idioteque

Wow small world. Sometimes you find out you're linked to your idols in an odd way.

Also does anyone have the recent interview by Matt where he performs All You Sons & Daughters acoustic? I don't want to lose data looking for it again I couldn't find it earlier but I'm pretty sure I posted it somewhere on the bored, if not that's fine.

Also any news on this year's Indie88?

Edited by Idioteque

I didn't know where to post this, but here's an interview Matt did with Confront Magazine a few weeks back. He had some really nice things to say about people on the bored forums in it: http://www.confrontmagazine.com/2015/10/matthew-good-2/

CONFRONT: Well, we’re definitely glad you got through all that and that you’re still around making music. 

MATT GOOD: Yeah, no shit.

hahahahahaha
Edited by EasyMoney

Also does anyone have the recent interview by Matt where he performs All You Sons & Daughters acoustic? I don't want to lose data looking for it again I couldn't find it earlier but I'm pretty sure I posted it somewhere on the bored, if not that's fine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mm2nE0Qpv4

I like the way Matt dresses these days. He's looking sharp. I wonder if his wife has a say in what he wears at concerts and interviews. :)  I noticed that he's wearing colored pants a lot too.

I asked my friend about the Underdogs cassette. She owns the CD. Close, but no cigar. I rarely go to garage sales; but if I visit one, I'll keep an eye out for it. They usually always have tape cassettes lying around.

Nope - you heard correctly.  :)

MG: "Mark Hollis of Talk Talk is actually, like, my fifth cousin by marriage. I didn't find that out until the late '90s. My mom went to England and stayed with relatives. And she called one day and said, 'You're a real big fan of that band Talk Talk, right?' I'm like, 'Well yeah, Mom.' I mean, I've got the gold record of their album The Colour of Spring on my wall. And she says, 'One of the guys is married to your cousin.' I'm like, 'What!?' Those last two Talk Talk records, Spirit of Eden and Laughing Stock, had a huge impact on everybody. They're considered the first two post-rock albums. You read interviews with Thom Yorke and he cites that as an influence."

http://www.torontosun.com/2011/10/07/matthew-good-reveals-love-of-jazz-ponies

Haha that's awesome!