Hey Hell, Heaven is a place that you go

Just so we got a little time on our hands

Just so we get a little time off, yeah

Just so we got a little time on our hands

Just so we get a little time off, yeah

this is easily my favourite of the songs we've heard so far, and i'd go so far as to include it on a "best of matt good" playlist.

Edited by Bimbly

What I love about it is that it's almost got 2 choruses. This part of the main verse near the beginning could be a chorus in its own right:

Its want ate everything

And I'd be soulless saved

When I would come around

Whole nights caught in a capture

So far gone a collapsed blur

When I would come around

Edited by RileyLewis
  • Upvote 1

I know what you mean about the 2 choruses. I quite like the sound of this song and really like the chorus, but there's a bit too much chorus for my liking.

I almost feel like the song would be stronger without the "hey hell heaven" part, and simply continued the "whole nights caught in a capture, so far down a collapsed blur" part with a bit more instrumentation as the actual chorus. But I'm not complaining, it's a good song.

And yeah, Garden of Knives might be nice with a bit more variety in vocal range, but honestly even as it is, it's probably top 10 for MG songs. It's a very intense song. I love the horses coming to mow the road part, very very intense.

Even though GoK isn't very diverse vocally, it maintains a certain intensity and edge that makes it work for that song. It reminds me of Battle Axe by Deftones in the sense that the vocals aren't very aggressive or varying for 5+ minutes, yet the song feels pretty heavy and powerful. It also reminds me of The Fall of Man a bit and the darker vibe of Beautiful Midnight.

HHH is very good, there's some nice melody bits and parts of it are very catchy and enjoyable. I think I might agree about the "whole nights", etc. etc. part.

still my favourite on the album. love that he drops half a measure during the second "time off" part. love the structure. love the melody and lyrics. love the leads. it's also kind of an unassuming song melodically, more insidious than immediately catchy. big points for this song.

still my favourite on the album. love that he drops half a measure during the second "time off" part. love the structure. love the melody and lyrics. love the leads. it's also kind of an unassuming song melodically, more insidious than immediately catchy. big points for this song.

100% agree... I honestly think it's the best song on the album, which is tough to say with so many great tracks on it.