Crusader

Live Road

http://matthewgood.org/liveroad

Every show on the tour is being recorded. Performances will then be reviewed and a song, or several songs, will be added to this page as the tour progresses. You will then be free to download them at your leisure.

The performances that will ultimately end up on this page will be chosen by Matt and the band. Nothing will be posted immediately following a show, as they’ll require time to review each performance and then select their favourites. Matt has a staunch rule that no editing or overdubbing be used (what he refers to as "The Live At Leeds condition"), so all performances will be completely untouched. This page will therefore be updated with new material several days after the show from which it was taken, meaning that at the beginning of the tour there will be a short delay before content is initially posted.

Awesome idea!

10 bucks says he's going to receive emails complaining about how slow it is before new music is posted... I just hope he doesn't give it up because of those people who think everything is due to them for free and in a timely manner...

I'm a little bit concerned about the review process. Hopefully, they won't try and scrutinize entire concerts for the best song or two - I can't imagine wanting to listen through 90 minutes of concert after every show. (Might get old after a few shows.)

I'd probably vote to let the crew pick the songs that felt right night-of and see if the recordings match the quality. (Speaking as an occasional performer - what feels like the best performance to the performer doesn't always translate to the best recording. One example: after Pearl Jam's 2000 tour, they sold bootlegs of the entire tour but marked their six favorites - one of them was a show I went to that was a brilliant show, but a middling bootleg.)

But I'm psyched for this. I'm really hoping they'll consider selling complete shows from the tour.

Edited by uglyredhonda

I think this sounds great and is an awesome idea. I feel like Matt is slighting himself though by not charging for these. I will say as an American fan that I cannot thank him enough for doing this and it leaves me waiting to hear more. Great work by Matt and the band as well as everyone involved with Live Road.

Fantastic. The quality of these recordings keeps getting better and better with each song posted. I love Alert Status Red. I'm impressed. I hope he posts Non Populus from one of the shows. I love that tune.

Edited by jackwork

I don't know if you guys want a cover picture, but I decided to make one for myself. Quickly threw it together using a concert pic Matt put on FaceBook and some of the text images on his website. I'll probably touch it up later.2i1p3br.jpg

• Upvote 1

I like Blake's additions, it goes pretty well with Matthew's voice. I really like this performance of Alert Status Red. The bass sounds a lot different from the CD version and I think it sounds really cool. Who's with me?

Oh and Garden of Knives live rocks. That intro is that much more epic than on CD even.

P.S. I live your cover LostAndFoundAndLostAgain. Thank you.

Edited by Manchalivin