Crusader

Live Road

Matt recently added several new Live Road recordings:

Load Me Up & Alert Status Red (together!!) from Calgary Nov 15, 2013

The Future Is X Rated from Calgary Nov 16,2013

Champions of Nothing from Banff, Nov 18, 2013

Everything is Automatic from Lethbridge, Nov 19, 2013

Can't say thanks enough for all this amazing live material!

Those Calgary shows sound like they were spectacular. I hear an extra bit of Black Francis channeling in Matt's delivery on Future Is X Rated.

What's up with the Everything Is Automatic recording? I know they haven't been playing it for very long this tour, but it sounds really off. Moreso the actual mix of the recording than the performance

Edited by jjazz

You know, I have just begun to scratch the surface of Live Road. I thought I might be too bitter about not being able to attend a show after the whole cancellation ordeal.

But. These recordings are amazing and I am extremely thankful for them. Yes, I realize what an amazing show I've missed, but it still lets me have a piece of that. And Matt, I am truly grateful for it.

I have to read back more, but I would love to know specifics on the actual recording. I was heading up a live web stream for shows at work last year and always wanting to learn more on the process of it all.

Yeah I've noticed about 4-5 shows so far havent been uploaded, wonder if they just skipped over them or didnt have time, many were in Saskatchewan. Its funny Arrows has been played at every show, so I'm guessing it will be uploaded before the end of the tour. I would love a live performance of Born to Kill before the end of the tour! This live road thing is fantastic, Ive hoped for years Matt would do something like this and to get all of these tracks to build a live album off of is a real treat.

The prospect of that spring tour with additional recordings has got me salivating as well!

Big thanks to Matt and team for not just doing this but for keeping it up for nearly every show of the tour!

I really enjoyed that performance of Giant. The audio quality is very clear for a non-studio recording and musically it's one of the very best live performances I've heard of the song. I'm liking Jimmy more and more. Matt was solid too.

Edited by Manchalivin