Crusader

Live Road

Well, I can't say for certain, but I think he may have cut some of the shows for either a sound quality problem or personal reasons. I was a little worried after the Victoria show on the 26th that we wouldn't get a live road song after the way the crowd treated Matt during the show. One of the audience members asked Matt to take off his shirt at least 7 times, and the crowd wouldn't stop talking during most of the songs. The couple directly behind me tried to get the crowd to clap during EVERY song as well.

I'm sure Matt has a reason for excluding some shows and I'm sure that those reasons are valid, so it doesn't bug me that much. Hell, I'm glad we got what we did!

I know that a member of the audience in Courtenay jeered him right before Born Losers and that show isn't up there either. Matt didn't really speak to the audience after putting the guy in his place. People really lack sensitivity. Paying to see a human being play live music doesn't give them the right to hurl masked insults at the stage, especially when they don't know the person's personal history. Well, I'm not upset at the lack of some cities, just curious.

In all honesty the way some people behave at concerts today is unbelievable. Matt has a lot of patience, but it has to be upsetting to listen to some of the B.S. That said I'm sure he knows that the vast majority of fans are very appreciative of his performance and I doubt he would label the whole crowd badly as a result of a few idiots.

I was at the Courtenay show and the Victoria show and yes the crowds were annoying. Like many of you guys here I see multiple shows every tour and hit 4 this time round. The shows in Vancouver are almost always great crowds, and Nanaimo seems pretty decent too. Victoria crowds are usually kinda lame, low energy and yeah lots of weird comments from the crowd. The Courtenay show someone yelled Fuck You at Matt. He never said another word to the crowd, not a thank you, didn't play walk hard or Jimmy Buffet in fact after the encore he just walked straight off not even an acknowledgement, and I cant say I blame him. What I find odd is that this behaviour only seems to happen at Matt Good shows. I've been to over 100 concerts all over the place and the only thing that even comes close to the degree of fans hurling insults was when I saw the Who play a fan club only show in England where the crowd seemed like their only goal was to piss Pete Townshend off. Pete seems to thrive on this though, even ad libbing lyrics to Magic Bus (after fans shouting requests all night long) where he sang "you see at home, on my own, I play Magic Bus, every fucking day, and you're not there!" Matt on the other hand clearly does not thrive on this kinda behaviour so my question is Why do so many of his fans at this point in his career go to his shows just to insult him? Or be rude or obnoxious towards him? because I dont see this at other concerts. I don't hear people tell David Lee Roth to shut up and sing, I don't hear people telling Neil Osborne to go fuck himself...so why Matt? I dont understand.

Edited by adam_777

Even if someone yells fuck you, I believe you need to try and shake that off. There are plenty of other people there having a good time the right way. Why punish them. The one douchebag shouldn't get the last laugh.

They should also locate and eject the heckler, but we don't live in a perfect world.

Edited by Gomo

That Vancouver performance of Champions of Nothing is fantastic. Better than the first one uploaded for sure

That was the first time I had heard Champions with a full band. Didn't play it in Calgary during the Hospital Music full band tour (Virgin Festival), and didn't play it at either Calgary show during the Vancouver tour and didn't play it at the 1st Vancouver show during the LoES tour, so it was a very very very nice treat for me and easily the highlight of the show. That second chorus just slays.

I'm not sure why Matt gets the kind of response he does. It's a little confusing to me. I've been that interested in seeing many smaller acts play so I can't really talk about the atmosphere in those shows. Certainly when I've seen Matt play in the Bay Area the crowd has been kind of a weird mix. There are lots of people who don't know the artist and lots of die hard fans. Back in Canada I used to suspect that there were a lot of hold overs from the MGB days... at this point that doesn't make that much sense. It's unreasonable to go to a show and expect to hear music that the artist wrote and performed almost 15 years ago.

Matt really ended Live Road with a bang. I think

That was the first time I had heard Champions with a full band. Didn't play it in Calgary during the Hospital Music full band tour (Virgin Festival), and didn't play it at either Calgary show during the Vancouver tour and didn't play it at the 1st Vancouver show during the LoES tour, so it was a very very very nice treat for me and easily the highlight of the show. That second chorus just slays.

Yeah Matt really ended this with a bang. I think it might be the highlight of Live Road for me.

Good day to all of you.

I am new (at least writing) to this forum and just recently introduced me at the bottom side of the bored.

So, well, reason why I am posting here is because I am a fucking lazy bum and while I enormously enjoyed hearing all the liveroad entries, I never cared to download these. Clever one! Just wanted to take the opportunity to ask, if some nice person, which was a little bit more foreseeing than me, could probably help me out? The version of "While We Were Hunting Rabbits" was downright insane and it would be a shame if I could never listen to it again...

Help appreciated!

Bye bye from Aix-la-chapelle

Is live road still up? Tried one link but I ended up with a 404...

Or is there another place or anyone that I can get the tracks from possibly? Would be so thankful!!

No, it's not up anymore. The only place you can get them from is The Lounge unless someone messages you them. I don't know if Anton plans to put them in the store, but seeing as how many tracks there are for the project, I doubt he will.

Is there a complete list of songs somewhere? I've got 21 songs, the last one being Everything is Automatic (Lethbridge, November 19, 2013).

Here are all the tracks; there are 25 of them.

1. So Close (Belleville, October 14, 2013)

2. Letters in Wartime (Moncton, October 16, 2013)

3. Garden of Knives (Saint John, October 17, 2013)

4. Alert Status Red (Halifax, October 18, 2013)

5. Had It Coming (Fredericton, October 19, 2013)

6. We're Long Gone (Brockville, October 21, 2013)

7. Weapon (Peterborough, October 21, 2013)

8. Guns Of Carolina (Kingston, 24 October, 2013)

9. While We Were Hunting Rabbits (Hamilton, October 25, 2013)

10. Mutineering (Sarnia, October 26, 2013)

11. Born Losers (Barrie, October 28, 2013)

12. Shallows Low (Kitchener, October 29, 2013)

13. Last Parade (Toronto, November 1, 2013)

14. Via Dolorosa (Montreal, November 2, 2013)

15. Hey Hell Heaven (Parry Sound, November 4, 2013)

16. Apparitions (Winnipeg, November 7, 2013)

17. Non Populous (Edmonton, November 14, 2013)

18. Load Me Up/Alert Status Red (Calgary, November 15, 2013)

19. The Future Is X Rated (November 16, 2013)

20. Champions Of Nothing (Banff, November 18, 2013)

21. Everything Is Automatic (Lethbridge, November 19, 2013)

22. Giant (Penticton, November 22, 2013)

23. Arrows Of Desire (Naniamo, November 25, 2013)

24. Hello Time Bomb (Vancouver, November 28, 2013)

25. Champions Of Nothing (Vancouver, November 28, 2013)